Auto Organizer

Slouchmr

Slouchmr

HI there,

I am pretty new to Media Browser, just moved from Plex.  I really like the Auto-Organizer for TV shows.  My problem is it scans the new folder and finds the new files all correctly but  when i look in the Activity log it says it skipped and i have to go into each one separately and click ok for it to accept.  Have i done something wrong?

gcw07

Can you show us some of the file names that it is skipping. It usually fails or succeeds, I haven't' really seen many be skipped.

It will say skipped if the overwrite option is unchecked, requiring you to confirm it manually. However, the release version of the server has a bug where even checking the overwrite option will require you to confirm. It will be fixed in this weekend's release.

chef

I could add a name of. Tv show that the server refuses to auto sort:

- Star Trek the next generation (which is because most files for this series use abbreviation TNG)

- marvels agents of shield( I think it refuses to auto sort because of the abbreviations again : s.h.i.e.l.d)

Rowlett

i don't know how much work this would cause or whether it's worth adding but just a suggestion when you manually accept or tell mb server to move a file into this tv series that it remembers the naming convention,? i.e. above TNG so chef manually tells it to add it to star treck next gen and then in future all downloaded files with the same naming convention will then be put into star treck next gen? although could this cause problems? conflicts? just an idea... :-)

• Like 1

chef

i don't know how much work this would cause or whether it's worth adding but just a suggestion when you manually accept or tell mb server to move a file into this tv series that it remembers the naming convention,? i.e. above TNG so chef manually tells it to add it to star treck next gen and then in future all downloaded files with the same naming convention will then be put into star treck next gen? although could this cause problems? conflicts? just an idea... :-)

A couple conditional statements. I have a feeling that the condition which the sort is built on now is based on splitting strings (lines of text) at periods.

This might be the reason marvel agents tv show is always being missed.

shawnf

I have had a simular issue,  with Star Wars The Clone Wars.

I think that the auto organizer is looking for a file name Star Wars: The Clone Wars.  ":" is an invalid char in a file name.

I see the same with Star Trek.  Star Trek: The Nest Generation or Star Trek: Enterprise.

• 6 years later...

I've been having an issue with file permissions.

Auto organiser works but the files it moves end up with bad permissions.

I have a script running to reset the permissions once an hour on my whole library and that has been ok(ish) for about a year now but it's a really dumb work around and this whole thing is becoming a pain.

Can anyone offer a solution?

My Emby server is in a Docker on UNRAID.

The files cannot be altered until they have their permissions fixed.

Running a 3 hour script every hour and still having to wait upto an hour before I can modify, move or delete my files gets old fast and sometimes causes system wide lock ups.

Please help.

P.s I know I'm possibly in the wrong section but I've searched and I don't see a better place to post this

Edited by Mdrodge
P.s

2 hours ago, Mdrodge said:

I've been having an issue with file permissions.

Auto organiser works but the files it moves end up with bad permissions.

I have a script running to reset the permissions once an hour on my whole library and that has been ok(ish) for about a year now but it's a really dumb work around and this whole thing is becoming a pain.

Can anyone offer a solution?

My Emby server is in a Docker on UNRAID.

The files cannot be altered until they have their permissions fixed.

Running a 3 hour script every hour and still having to wait upto an hour before I can modify, move or delete my files gets old fast and sometimes causes system wide lock ups.

Please help.

P.s I know I'm possibly in the wrong section but I've searched and I don't see a better place to post this

Hi there, what do you mean exactly by bad permissions?

On 14/10/2020 at 06:42, Luke said:

Hi there, what do you mean exactly by bad permissions?

set to my windows username but left unchanged when imported into my unraid server

Edited by Mdrodge
better explained

40 minutes ago, Mdrodge said:

I think you asked me this question last year. I still don't know how to answer properly but I'll try.

I think I just started quoting what it should be as if you might not know.

I'll pauses the script and have a look.

Basically window tells me that I don't have permission to do anything with the files.

I then run a permissions script and after windows will allow me to modify the files.

I'll see if I can find away to see exactly what they are set to.

:)

So far there is nothing wrong with the file that was generated just now.

Did my script run (I'm not sure)

I'll keep looking.

Seems a bit random.

A couple of days ago one (not sure if more) of the files was affected. I had to sit and wait 90 minutes until I could rename it.

This only comes up when the file is misidentifyed so normally not an issue.

Is it possible that the files that were effected already had "bad permissions" or would they just get reset?

Looks like I've gone full circle again.

Still everything points to affected files coming after the moving process. 

Handbrake deletes the masters so side by side of a file that i properly won't notice is affected until after its affected  that might not be affected anyway or maybe it was but I'm quite far down a rabbit hole of workarounds.

So I guess I'll see you next year to repeat a statement that in no way helps anyone find an issue.

Anyway it's still awesome that this is part of Emby so I'm not complaining i just wish I didn't have this bug.

Once again thanks Luke for your continued service.

Found it.

So if a file is made on Windows and passed to EMBY on UNRAID, it'll have "Windows permissions"

So (for the file I'm looking at)

Everyone       read and write

Users            read and write 

Mdrodge     read and write 

But I'd need 

Mdrode to be nobody instead

16026949544601590563151533602557.jpg

Maybe the plugin could be extended to allow you to execute a script either before or after something gets organized?

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/10/2020 at 21:59, Luke said:

Maybe the plugin could be extended to allow you to execute a script either before or after something gets organized?

Effected nfo and image files have been made by Emby itself during library scan, and Auto Organise makes folders that i can't access in windows until I've fixed the permissions in unraid.

So any script in Auto Organise wouldn't catch the other files (would still fix the folder though which would be a good start)

It's difficult to show you.

I'll see if i can't get another screen shot of a .nfo's permissions before I'm forced to fix it.

Update....

The file got fixed befor i could even look at it but all .nfo's and .jpg's have a user of 3006 and a unix group of 3006.

The pre fixed files that Auto Organise is now working with don't have that user so i'm guessing the effected files made by Emby's library scan ONLY have user 3006 and not user Nobody.

The next file will be ready in 6 hours but I'm not going to sit and wait again so i'll let the my script handle for now.

Once again please help :)

Edited by Mdrodge

The Emby Auto Organize plugin is a community addition. While I can help with small things on it, and keeping it compatible with newer server versions, I don't have the bandwidth to be able to take on major new features such as this. This would be a great addition from a new community member.