Remote control setup for live TV

mrmr12345

mrmr12345

Happy with what I saw, I decided to upgrade to premiere so I can watch live tv on emby theater on my windows 10 HTPC. I have been using WMC all these years, and it was all good until Windows 10... 

Anyways, when I'm in live TV, I noticed the up and down button do not do much. In WMC, up and down will scroll thru Guide, which was a very nice (and seems a standard thing) way to check out what else is playing.

To summarize:

1.  Guide button on remote does not work from remote when watchig live TV.  ctrl-G from keyboard stops the current live tv and goes to Guide.

2. Info button on the remote does not do anything.  ctrl-d brings up useless info on the screen: channel name,  forward pause buttons ... 

3. up/down buttons, and also keyboard up and down keys: brings up same info as ctrl-D keyboard (see above).

4. channel up and ch down on remote does NOT do anything. 

All above are deal breakers for me. Is there a way to get the above working so my search for WMC replacement can end finally?

thanks

MR

• Like 3

I would also like to see the overlay guide view  and that you can push the select button to swap between the last and current channel just like the wmc. This is were the wmc has superior userability

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...