Recently Watched

kingy444

ginjaninja

If its of interest i wrote a script which maintains a recently watched playlist of tv shows

you may want to try out the smart playlist and playback reporting plugins first as they have a friendlier ui driven solution but it never worked for me last time i tested it.

not being a developer my script is a bit 'heath robinson' and relies on the scripterx plugin / event.

ive been using it for a few months and it works well for me.

in terms of where to put this ribbon if Emby were to offer this as standard....a suggestion

to borrow an idea from another platform, every library could have a 'suggested' tab (along side tabs which represent the whole library). The word 'Suggested' can cover a multitude of sins, where library content is packaged up and presented in any number of useful [consistent or randomised] ways with separate [optionally drill down able/expandable] ribbons for each.

• eg. Recently watched (this request)
  • eg. Continue watching - library content in mid play
  • eg. Rediscover [TV] -started shows but lapsed (fallen off/forgotten from continue watching)
  • eg Because you played [Music] - unlistened content of artists you have listened to.[Movies] - Unwatched Movies by a recently watched director (this ribbon might be randomised)

SuperMinecraftKid

+1 sub section like favorites for example?

+1 for this placement. I think it would go well next to the favorites tab on the home page.

usHmHzb.png

Edited by SuperMinecraftKid
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...
dml33

+1 to recently watched.

It's quite useful when you are getting older and your memory is not as it was before :D and if fall asleep :D  :D 

• Like 1

Happy2Play

I would say on the per library Suggestions tab just like Music has Recently Played.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

miniliQuid
On 1/6/2021 at 7:14 PM, SuperMinecraftKid said:

+1 for this placement. I think it would go well next to the favorites tab on the home page.

usHmHzb.png

I like that idea!

On 5/30/2021 at 9:18 PM, Happy2Play said:

I would say on the per library Suggestions tab just like Music has Recently Played.

That would be just fine as well! :D

Happy2Play

Not quite the same but the Playback Reporting plugin tracks this info from the time of install in its own database.  It also can create Episode/Movie playlists Not sure of the exact query it is doing (but can look in the log).

watched.thumb.jpg.cdf15813b42f0d7f591c9f4a867552c4.jpg

settings.thumb.jpg.caafc0cc6e57fbb550f23d1fbe715304.jpg

ginjaninja
15 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Not quite the same but the Playback Reporting plugin tracks this info from the time of install in its own database.  It also can create Episode/Movie playlists Not sure of the exact query it is doing (but can look in the log).

watched.thumb.jpg.cdf15813b42f0d7f591c9f4a867552c4.jpg

settings.thumb.jpg.caafc0cc6e57fbb550f23d1fbe715304.jpg

i dont think it can do per user playlists unfortunately.