FR: LiveTV - Recording new episode at any time flag should automatically make it record any day

Guest virtualtinker

Guest virtualtinker

@@krustyreturns

Here is the scenario for my feature request...

Rake's new episode last week aired on Thursday night.  My settings inside the series was set to have Thursday checked at the time as well as to record only new episodes.  I noticed for this week that nothing was showing as scheduled to be recorded for Thursday night.  On looking at the guide, this seems correct as some other show has taken the timeslot.  I went ahead and opened up WMC and did a search for Rake and noticed that Rake was moved to Friday nights.  Upon checking Friday night, I saved the updates to the timer and refreshed the show.  Now, the new episode scheduled for Friday is showing up.

I think in the instance of new episodes, that the fact we are checking we only want new episodes should supercede anything regarding what days of the week we want to record and should, instead, always record an episode from that series that is flagged as New.  Maybe move some of the check boxes around so it makes it more easily understood that choosing what days of the week is specific to recoding reruns as well as choosing any time/channel.

Thoughts?

krustyreturns

Interesting.  First thought is I don't control the UI.  I could make it so that when you choose to record a series, all the days of the week are automatically checked, would that do it?  However, I like seeing the air day when I view the series detail, but I see your point for when episodes get moved.  I  am surprised they moved the episode to a different day rather than just airing it the following week.

jordy

That's quite common in Australia - and I'm sure elsewhere - when a show loses popularity or the station wants to make room for the latest and greatest, shows tend to get relegated from their prime time-slot. So I would think this would be a fairly popular change