Problems starting up after ATV sleep

casperghst42

although there is an option in the Apple TV Emby App to disable Next Up TV, it doesn't work

I believe the option you found in the app was actually to "Display upcoming TV on the home screen" no?  That is different as that is future airing TV items - not the same as Next Up.

Can you please re-enable the next up row, create the problem and then post the server log?

Thanks.

slickdealer2016

I believe the option you found in the app was actually to "Display upcoming TV on the home screen" no? That is different as that is future airing TV items - not the same as Next Up.

Can you please re-enable the next up row, create the problem and then post the server log?

Thanks.

I think you're confusing the 'Next Up TV' section on the Emby app's home screen with the 'Up Next' section on the Apple TV home screen.

If I go into the IOS app, then go to Home Screen>Home Screen Content and put a check in the box that says 'TV Shows', it will display a row called 'Next Up TV' on the Emby app's home screen. I just did this several times and the error message 'stdqueryrow-errorretrieving next up tv' came back so I can 100% confirm it was the root of my problems. As soon as I unchecked the 'TV Shows' box it worked immediately. Sorry but I'm not sure how to post the server log?

Edited by slickdealer2016

I think you're confusing the 'Next Up TV' section on the Emby app's home screen with the 'Up Next' section on the Apple TV home screen.

What exactly does the option in the Apple TV app say for you?

I'm not debating what your problem is - I was just trying to clarify why that option in the Apple TV app didn't have the effect you thought it would.  It is referring to something entirely different.  The standard home screen layout options will be coming to the Apple TV app soon.

As for posting a server log, please see here: How to Report a Problem

slickdealer2016

What exactly does the option in the Apple TV app say for you?

I'm not debating what your problem is - I was just trying to clarify why that option in the Apple TV app didn't have the effect you thought it would.  It is referring to something entirely different.  The standard home screen layout options will be coming to the Apple TV app soon.

As for posting a server log, please see here: How to Report a Problem

Oh sorry I must have gotten confused then. The description sounded similar to the Next Up TV option.

I didn't find a Debug Options in the settings menu so I'm not sure how to post the log file?

slickdealer2016

We need to see the server log.  Finding that file is also discussed in that topic.

Thanks.

So you want me to recreate the issue on my Apple TV and then log into the Emby server on my computer to retrieve the server log file?

So you want me to recreate the issue on my Apple TV and then log into the Emby server on my computer to retrieve the server log file?

Yes, please.

Thanks.

The standard home screen layout options will be coming to the Apple TV app soon.

That's good news !

Looking forward seeing this too in the Apple TV app. I assume we will see this first in testflight versions ?

wiretap

I'm getting the same issues where it hangs on the "starting up.." screen after sleep. I'll have to see if I can pull some logs.

For those of you on the beta, please re-start the app and then report if this still happens in the future.

Thanks.