Problems starting up after ATV sleep

casperghst42

casperghst42

Hi,

Since the last refresh of the ATV app, I've had a problem which I do not know how to solve - after my ATV goes to sleep I have a problem starting the application. I click on the app, and it just sits there, hanging before it normally show the "Welcome <user>" ...

Rebooting the ATV or killing the App solves the problem, but the problem is staring nag me a bit.

(I do not have any problems with the Netflix or the Amazon Prime app which also relies on networking).

Cheer.

andyblac644

do you have auto login enabled?, i had issues with that enabled, i had to disable it. even with it disabled, it still logs you in, the only difference is you have to choose the server to connect to..

• Like 1

casperghst42

do you have auto login enabled?, i had issues with that enabled, i had to disable it. even with it disabled, it still logs you in, the only difference is you have to choose the server to connect to..

Thanks, I'll try that and see what happens. 

Dibbes

After a while of the ATV being idle, the app goes back to to login screen displaying the accounts. When there selecting another account than where it went to the login screen from, the app will log itself in, no issues. When selecting the same account, I get a spinning wheel and the server dashboard doesn´t even show a connection attempt. Oh, auto-login is not enabled.

Is this what you´re seeing @@casperghst42?

After a while of the ATV being idle, the app goes back to to login screen displaying the accounts. When there selecting another account than where it went to the login screen from, the app will log itself in, no issues. When selecting the same account, I get a spinning wheel and the server dashboard doesn´t even show a connection attempt. Oh, auto-login is not enabled.

Good info, thanks.

We'll take a look.

(Corey, if you get to it before I do feel free)

casperghst42

I do not even get to the point where I can select another account - that was with auto-login enabled. I've now disabled auto-login and will see what happens. 

Also I've not upgraded to 3.2.70, this might change something I don't know.

casperghst42

@@casperghst42

Do you see the words “Starting Up...” and it hangs after that or is it before that?

Mostly it does not even get to that. Just gets to the gray screen prior to the "Starting Up...".

casperghst42

It has nothing to do with Auto-Login, it happens even with Auto-Login disabled, and it hangs prior to showing the "Starting Up...".

Edited by casperghst42

andyblac644

hmm, i don't get this, when my appletv goes to sleep, it wake with starting up.. it then proceeds to choose server screen i do not get an option to choose a user, this is with auto login disabled.

hmm, i don't get this, when my appletv goes to sleep, it wake with starting up.. it then proceeds to choose server screen i do not get an option to choose a user, this is with auto login disabled.

Yeah, the auto logoff on this platform is really more of an "auto restart" because that is the option it gives us.

andyblac644

Please test this situation out with the new version just released (1.1.11).

if i Enable autologin, and save password, when app start i get "Oops, something went wrong, Error signing in", and then the app wont start even with a reboot, just get a screen with "Starting Up...." and a spinner, even after a reboot, only way to fix is the un-installed and re-install.

5a6762bbcf0bf_ScreenShot20180123at162749

Edited by andyblac644

if i Enable autologin, and save password, when app start i get "Oops, something went wrong, Error signing in", and then the app wont start even with a reboot, just get a screen with "Starting Up...." and a spinner, even after a reboot, only way to fix is the un-installed and re-install.

5a6762bbcf0bf_ScreenShot20180123at162749

If you force close and try again, does the problem persist?

I cannot reproduce that...

casperghst42

Thanks for the feedback guys.

On the other hand it could look like the repeating playback has come back - ie. where it repeats some 2-3 second sections of the media being played. The prior version did not have that. I'll observer and report back in another thread if it's not fluke. 

• 2 weeks later...
slickdealer2016

Not sure this is related but I had a similar issue with starting up the Emby App on my Apple TV 4K. It would get to the "Welcome" message then hang or give me an error about Next Up TV. So what I did was disable the Next Up TV row from showing up on the home screen and it seems to have fixed the issue. The strange thing is although there is an option in the Apple TV Emby App to disable Next Up TV, it doesn't work (I would still disable it just in case). I had to go into settings on the Emby IOS App on my iPhone to successfully remove it. In the IOS app, there's a section called Home Screen. Scroll down to where it says Home Screen Content and uncheck all the boxes. That should remove the Next Up TV row. I did put a check where it says "Hide Watched Content From Latest Media" but not sure if that matters.

Emby has been loading up on the Apple TV without a hitch now. Seems the Next Up TV row was causing the loading issue for me. This may or may not fix other people's loading issues but it's worth a try. Hopefully a devleoper can further look into this.

Edited by slickdealer2016