ATV shuts down server

EricJan
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi,

I installed an Apple TV yesterday, the 4k model. In my network, Emby runs on a separate Windows Server 2012 R2 server. The funny thing is that, when I use the Emby app, then switch to Netflix (or something else), it seems that the server application is either shut down or it crashes. I can't tell which, don't know how to assess that. I just notice, as the server app then needs to be (re)started manually and all is fine. 

I suppose I am doing something wrong (completely new to apple tv), don't think that this is standard behaviour, is it? 

Here is the top server log. I'll see if I can find the FFmpeg and transcoding ones, where would they be located?.

Edited by EricJan

• Solution

hi @@EricJan, can you please shutdown emby server and then install the latest version from the website on top of your existing version? This will resolve the server crash problem. thanks !

• Like 1

OK, done. Couldn't upgrade from within the existing server btw. It said restart server to finish upgrade to ...70.x but when restarting appearantly it hung itself. I now downloaded the setup programme from this site and all worked wonderfully. I am now on v70, thanks. I will post again if the program shuts down unexpectedly. 

Thank you for your assistance.