Emby Server Question

jerthorne

jerthorne

This may be a dumb question. I've been using or at least trying to use Plex now for almost a year with the Cloud Server and there have been so many issues. I'm considering trying out Emby but feel a little lost. I currently have all my media content, including movies, music, TV shows stored in Dropbox. Is there a way to use this storage as a server, or how would I go about using something like this? Using a computer as the server isn't really an option. I'm just basically seeing what is possible at this point. Thanks for any help.

Hi, we don't support fully cloud libraries at this point, but it's something we're interested in for the future. For now it would require running a local server along with dropbox mounted to a folder. thanks.

jerthorne

Hi, we don't support fully cloud libraries at this point, but it's something we're interested in for the future. For now it would require running a local server along with dropbox mounted to a folder. thanks.

Would the local server include a hard drive with a computer? And how would I mount Dropbox to a folder?

either a computer or nas device. for mounting, if you install dropbox on windows it creates a local dropbox folder that you could add to emby server.

• 3 months later...
Bastino

Hey I have a question on how to use the emby api. I am kinda new to it and was wondering if you could assist me with some help. I want to register a new user using the api.