Guide Data Missing for 1 Channel

Latchmor

Latchmor

Hi Krusty, I don't look at the Live TV section that much so not sure how long this has been there but noticed tonight that 1 channel had no guide data. I found this in the MBS log

2014-03-13 22:30:21.6861 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase2014-03-13 22:30:31.2861 Error - ServerWMC: GetProgramsAsync> Input string was not in a correct format.

2014-03-13 22:30:31.2861 Error - App: Error getting programs for channel Channel 4

I should know better than to post only part of a log but thought I'd check if the above shows any clues...

The guide in WMC for this channel is fine by the way.

Cheers

Edited by Latchmor

krustyreturns

Please post the swmc log.  But to make it more manageable, it would be great if you could restart swmc and then start mbs.  Once mbs gets done reading in the guide data then post the log. 

Spaceboy

Dunno if this helps but channel 4 is working for me. If this is the UK channel 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latchmor

Hi, Logs attached Krusty. It's actually 3 Channels. Channel 4 HD, Channel 4 and Channel 4+1. Strange!

Cheers

krustyreturns

Hi, Logs attached Krusty. It's actually 3 Channels. Channel 4 HD, Channel 4 and Channel 4+1. Strange!

Cheers

Sorry, apparently the logging of this error is lacking.  What are the names of these channels, for instance Channel 4?

Latchmor

Hi Krusty, they are the actual names. Is the word 'Channel' confusing something?

Channel 4 HD

Channel 4

Channel 4+1

Cheers

Edit: Mmm, I also have Channel 5+1 and it works ok.

Edited by Latchmor

krustyreturns
Those are some un-original channel names.  I can't tell from this log then, I need more info.  Go to:

%programdata%\vdsoftware\serverwmc\config.xml

When you can, change LogReplyMessages to true then save the config file.  Then do the restart swmc-mbs thing again and send just this serverwmc log after the guide is loaded (warning, it will be much bigger this time).

Edited by krustyreturns

krustyreturns

Thanks for sending the monster log (remember to turn this setting back to false).  I think I found the problem and its easy to fix, unfortunately it will require a new rev of serverwmc.  If I create pre-release can you test?

Latchmor

Hi Krusty, that did the trick! All 3 channels showing guide data and nothing else has been affected. No errors in logs either.

Thanks very much

Latchmor

Latchmor

Hey Krusty, just so you know. The dashboard does not appear to be picking up that I'm using a channel in WMC. I'm watching one just now but this is the status below. I think this is just since using your test version for my problems above.

Cheers

5325894ded2de_Capture.jpg

EDIT: Out of curiosity I pressed Record and the status of Tuner D changed to show Recording. Stop recording and just watch and it goes back to above pic.

Edited by Latchmor

krustyreturns

Hi.  I just checked and it does for me (figures, right?).  I started a live stream in wmc and in the browser I saw the client as:

playback\recorderbroker&ehshell.exe&7860

which is correct for wmc streams.  Is swmc running on a different machine then mediabrowser?  

krustyreturns

Also, try this.  Edit config.xml with a text editor (%programdata%\vdsoftware\serverwmc\config.xml).

Toward the end of the file, temporarily set the field Debug_ListTunerClients to true.   Save the config file and restart swmc.  Then re-try your experiment above.  If it fails please give me the swmc log.

thanks.

Latchmor

Hi I was just trying another test when your new reply appeared. MBS and SWMC is on the same PC, always has been.

I don't have Debug_ListTunerClients in the xml...

Thanks

Edit: Do you mean add it?

Edited by Latchmor

krustyreturns

oops - I must be getting my pre-releases mixed up.  Go to the same place you got the last pre-release and get the newest one (1132).  After you run it once, you will have that field.  Sorry about that.

Latchmor

Hi, ok tested with 1132 and the xml change and it now shows this when watching

5325f7e571f57_Capture.jpg

It shows the normal status when recording as I tried that too. Cheers

• Like 1

krustyreturns

I deem that as progress.  Thanks for the log, I think I see what I need to do to get it the rest of the way before release.