PolyMorphTV Plugin

BeppoMonkeyBoy

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Still unsuccessful: I know I may be getting ahead of myself.

possible to have 

1. Scheduling
  2. list of files with a [y] [n] convert option

What does it do? are polymorphy tv logs created?

Scheduling is done by clicking on the task and creating a run interval.

fbrassin

New version has an extract subtitles task, works on all episodes regardless of extension, skips if one already exists, does 10 at a time

Ok, i was just asking myself when would it stop. So 10.

Can i ask how subtitles are handled? 

Are you keeping all original subtitles and are your keeping oringinal subtitles tag? I mean Forced or languages?

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Ok, i was just asking myself when would it stop. So 10.

Can i ask how subtitles are handled? 

Are you keeping all original subtitles and are your keeping oringinal subtitles tag? I mean Forced or languages?

at the moment its just running and extracting the first subtitle in the file in the order it is in the file, I'm currently expanding the task as and when i have time

• Like 2

What does it do? are polymorphy tv logs created?

Scheduling is done by clicking on the task and creating a run interval.

a few things - The trial period for this feature will expire in 8.49399670138889 day(s). I paid $10 last week. how do we correct this? 

Extract subtitles from tv episodes failed.
a day ago
Value cannot be null. Parameter name: dst

Standard Convert .MKV to .MP4 failed.
a day ago

BeppoMonkeyBoy

a few things - The trial period for this feature will expire in 8.49399670138889 day(s). I paid $10 last week. how do we correct this? 

Extract subtitles from tv episodes failed.
a day ago

Standard Convert .MKV to .MP4 failed.
a day ago

the trail period, should be an easy fix, pm me the email address you used when you purchased your emby permier,

I'll look in to the dst error, can you post your emby log?

andyblac644

would be nice if we could only convert certain folders, i don't want my whole library converted i don't have the extra space as it is around 80Tb atm :D

Edited by andyblac644
  • Like 1

i would love to see this plugin be able to use ComSkip: http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/ and operate something like MCEBuddy: http://www.mcebuddy2x.com/

currently I run MCEBuddy in a round-robin script I wrote for two of my windows machines: https://discussion.mcebuddy2x.com/t/distributed-encoding-across-multiple-machines/61

I also have a 24 core xeon that runs Ubuntu and Emby. I'd love to be able to utilize the processor using your plugin, if you could make some of the features a priority. Thanks!

Edited by diamantj

• 2 weeks later...
vaise

I just installed this for a try, but much of our viewing is based on the latest TV episodes, and this converts old stuff and then updates the latest TV shows. 

Any way to have it NOT do that ?  do you need to re-get the metadata if already there ?

Also, until it deletes the original file post convert, I would run out of space.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

The version I’m releasing soon, works by converting the most recent additions first, I’m in the process of doing config pages that would allow you to choose where to put the original files after conversion, I’m not in love with the idea of auto deleting,

Emby Tower

The version I’m releasing soon, works by converting the most recent additions first, I’m in the process of doing config pages that would allow you to choose where to put the original files after conversion, I’m not in love with the idea of auto deleting,

And what about a clickable option to activate auto-deleting?! So everyone can choose his / her own way to handle it! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
jaycedk

Hi

2 questions :)

1) Can this handle Movies too ?

2) Does this handle other formats, like .avi files ?

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Hi

2 questions :)

1) Can this handle Movies too ?

2) Does this handle other formats, like .avi files ?

1) Not currently.

2) The lastest version i'm working on will have a routine to convert almost anything to .mp4 not just .mkv's

Sammy

I've been following along waiting fir this to get more mature. Do you have a listing of the current feature set?

I'd like to transcode to mp4 for mobile devices but really want the best quality for local devices so am wondering how much more HDD space I'll need to retain both. Is it on the order of half again or??

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jucarope3

hello good day, I bought the plugin thinking that it worked with movies and the truth is the movies that need conversion all I have is mkv, when the movie version will be.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

At the moment the plugin only works for TV episodes, however I would be quite simple to create a sub task to operate on movies.

The current feature set, is that the task works through mkv episodes and prepackages them into .mp4, there is also a separate task that extracts embedded subtitles in mkv's and saves them as .srt's.

Once i've finished my current build, there should be a basic config settings, that will allow you to delete the original file if repacking is successful, or move it to a recycle location for manual deletion. also the task in the lastest build, moves through the episodes, with the latest first, and will repackage almost everything not just .mkv's (useful for pesky .avi's) Other features maybe implemented depending on requests.

Sammy

For TV Episodes in mkv at about 1Gigabyte file size or so, what's the savings in drive space and what are the visible effects on quality for the following:

Roku or Tizen @ 40" to 50" 1080p and 720p 60fps?

ShieldTV @ 60" VT60 plasma 1080p either 60 or 23.xx fps?

I have nearly 2Tb of TV Shows (drive is almost full) so what's the storage overhead on conversion? How long to process all this?

How soon after new mkv's are added is it converted on a regular basis after initial conversion?

I'm not really very interested in compressing my movie library so that's not an issue.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

BeppoMonkeyBoy

It dosn’t reencode at the moment it simply repackages the files to mp4, I’m at some point going to implement custom ffmpeg settings, but the file sizes time to do it would be dependent on your settings,

• Like 1

Sammy

It dosn’t reencode at the moment it simply repackages the files to mp4, I’m at some point going to implement custom ffmpeg settings, but the file sizes time to do it would be dependent on your settings,

So at the present time the file sizes remain the same but compression is on the roadmap or is mp4 just smaller by nature?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
woenk

When can we expect a new version ?

Really would like that nifty feature to rip the subtitles out of movies.

• 3 weeks later...
BeppoMonkeyBoy

When can we expect a new version ?

Really would like that nifty feature to rip the subtitles out of movies.

A new version should be live right now for 3.5 users, there are 2 tasks one to pull out subtitles and the other to repackage to .mp4 for any media that isn't already .mp4

and these tasks are duplicated for Movies, so ploymorph now does both.

• 3 weeks later...
personalproxy

Purchased the plugin with PayPal, but still getting "The trial period for this feature has expired" still.

Running the plugin from the Scheduled Tasks menu it just started and stops immediately, doesn't appear to do anything and produced no error.

Attempting to access the settings does nothing.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Purchased the plugin with PayPal, but still getting "The trial period for this feature has expired" still.

Running the plugin from the Scheduled Tasks menu it just started and stops immediately, doesn't appear to do anything and produced no error.

Attempting to access the settings does nothing.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Just replied to your PM,