PolyMorphTV Plugin

BeppoMonkeyBoy

When I run any PolyMorph TV or Movie task in the scheduler it immediately fails. using beta 3.6.0.81

Here is a log sample

2018-12-26 16:27:31.513 Info TaskManager: Executing Standard Convert episodes to .Mp4 2018-12-26 16:27:31.513 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to ::1. Time: 1ms. http://localhost:8095/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/3174539d768e217d7bd62dc71ee2f8772018-12-26 16:27:31.515 Error TaskManager: Error	*** Error Report ***	Version: 3.6.0.81	Command line: C:\Emby\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0	64-Bit OS: True	64-Bit Process: True	User Interactive: True	Processor count: 12	Program data path: C:\Emby\programdata	Application directory: C:\Emby\system	System.MissingMethodException: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem> MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.get_RecursiveChildren()'.	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.PolyMorph.TV.ScheduledTasks.PolyMorphTVMKV2MP4_Basic_All.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.PolyMorph.TV.ScheduledTasks.PolyMorphTVMKV2MP4_Basic_All.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)	Source: MediaBrowser.Plugins.PolyMorphTV	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.PolyMorph.TV.ScheduledTasks.PolyMorphTVMKV2MP4_Basic_All.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.PolyMorph.TV.ScheduledTasks.PolyMorphTVMKV2MP4_Basic_All.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)	2018-12-26 16:27:31.515 Info TaskManager: Standard Convert episodes to .Mp4  Failed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds

Retried PolyMorph after update. Settings don't bring up anything and subtitle extraction still fails in Scheduled tasks.

Convert to MP4 just hangs at 0%

See attached pics and logs.

5c2cd4c1c4e7f_emby3.jpg

embyserver.txt

Edited by dcol

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Retried PolyMorph after update. Settings don't bring up anything and subtitle extraction still fails in Scheduled tasks.

Convert to MP4 just hangs at 0%

See attached pics and logs.

5c2cd4c1c4e7f_emby3.jpg

what does running

C:\Emby\system\ffmpeg.exe  -y -i "E:\Video\Vitamania.The.Sense.And.Nonsense.Of.Vitamins.mp4" -threads 1 -map 0:s:0 "E:\Video/Vitamania.The.Sense.And.Nonsense.Of.Vitamins.srt"

from the command line give you?

I am not concerned about the subtitles, just wanted to pass along what I saw. I prefer subtitles not checked anyway. Will eventually delete the PolyMorph subtitle schedules.

But I am concerned about it not converting to MP4. Just hangs on 0.0%. Still after 3 hours.

Anything I can do to pass info along?

Edited by dcol

BeppoMonkeyBoy

I am not concerned about the subtitles, just wanted to pass along what I saw. I prefer subtitles not checked anyway. Will eventually delete the PolyMorph subtitle schedules.

But I am concerned about it not converting to MP4. Just hangs on 0.0%. Still after 3 hours.

Anything I can do to pass info along?

There should be polymorph-encode logs in your normal logging dir, accesable via the logs section in the admin pages. for each encoding task these should be listed, and will basically list the ffmpeg processes that are going on..

removed polymorph when it was giving trouble. Will install and test again now that a new version is ready.

Thanks

PolyMorph seems to work now converting MKV to MP4. Subtitle extraction still fails. see attached log for that.

As seen below the convert takes 0 seconds, which is not accurate. The display is not giving accurate info.

5c34d79138521_emby7.jpg

Also, are there any settings and where can I register after the plugin is installed?

polymorphTV-encode-Sub-e39a0985-d8b4-44c9-a7e8-db6103023871.txt

Edited by dcol

• 1 month later...
Bob Schnatterly

Dude, I would pay you $20 if you had this thing: 1) convert TS files, 2) run ffprobe to validate the conversion, and 3) delete the original. I proved it works on MKV files, but Emby creates TS, not MKV files.  (I would also like to be able to set a minimal set of conversion parameters (medium quality, high quality, slow, medium, fast, etc).

Nice job...

[Edit: Oh, I forgot: I want to be able to output to H.264 or H.265. I'm not asking for much :)]

Edited by Bob Schnatterly

Dude, I would pay you $20 if you had this thing: 1) convert TS files, 2) run ffprobe to validate the conversion, and 3) delete the original. I proved it works on MKV files, but Emby creates TS, not MKV files.  (I would also like to be able to set a minimal set of conversion parameters (medium quality, high quality, slow, medium, fast, etc).

Nice job...

[Edit: Oh, I forgot: I want to be able to output to H.264 or H.265. I'm not asking for much :)]

The built-in convert media feature can already do this:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-423-emby-server-34-released/

Except for choosing between h264/h265, which will come in the future. Thanks.

Bob Schnatterly

Fantastic! Thanks, I'll take a look at it.  I just moved from Plex to Emby (for many, many reasons I won't go into). One of my gripes with them was that I had to set up MCE Buddy on a separate, stand-alone laptop just to downconvert all my recordings. Ridiculous. Thanks again...

Bob Schnatterly

Ok, small problem. I found the Convert option for an individual recording, but not for an entire series (to "convert a folder such as a TV series"). Where's that found?

In the same place, in the 3-dot menu. You can setup convert jobs on series folders.

Bob Schnatterly

Ok, maybe I'm unusually dense today, but I'm not seeing it (sorry!). If I click the 3 dot menu on a single episode, I see Convert (which allows me to convert just that show). If I click the 3 dot menu on a series, all I get is an option to cancel the series.

(I'm a Premiere member and I have TV and DVR all set up. The only thing missing is my brain, apparently...)

[Edit: I see the Convert option for a channel (which doesn't even make sense to me), but not for a series]

Bob Schnatterly

Ok, never mind. I was looking in the Live TV section, not the TV Shows section under My Media.  Got it!  Thanks again...

Bob Schnatterly

Actually, I do have a problem. I set up an existing series to convert and I went to the homepage and I saw that there was now an existing conversion process going. Since I currently have nothing to convert, I cancelled that. I have a mixture of MP4 and MKV files on my NAS (converted from TS files), so was Emby trying to convert the MP4 or MKV files it found there in that series folder?

Exactly what file types is Emby looking for?

Actually, I do have a problem. I set up an existing series to convert and I went to the homepage and I saw that there was now an existing conversion process going. Since I currently have nothing to convert, I cancelled that. I have a mixture of MP4 and MKV files on my NAS (converted from TS files), so was Emby trying to convert the MP4 or MKV files it found there in that series folder?

Exactly what file types is Emby looking for?

You select a conversion target format when you create the conversion job. It will convert all videos that don't already meet that criteria.

Bob Schnatterly

Ahh, that's the key. That's unfortunate because it'll convert both MKV and TS files for most of my TV show seasons. That means I can't use this. Can you add a way to specify the source extension (or a way to whitelist or blacklist extensions or types)? I would really appreciate that!

If it's a small number of episodes you can also do it on individual episodes.

Bob Schnatterly

I literally have hundreds (if not thousands) of MKV files that were transcoded down from TS format by MCE Buddy and/or Handbrake. I've already spent waaaaay more time managing this NAS box than I had intended. The last thing I want to do is babysit individual episodes!  If you don't add a way for me to skip my MKV files, I'll have to stick to MCE Buddy. That would make me very sad... :(

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Polymorph should handle ts files, I do need to look at config settings, my day job keeps getting in the way... I could simply create a scheduled task that just works on ts files, and remove ts from the standard task, that should enable you to run a simple schedule on just ts files, while i do some kind of config.

Bob Schnatterly

Well, Luke at Emby showed me how Emby itself can do in-place conversions. (Are you Luke? I have no clue who you people are, LOL) It doesn't exclude MKV files, though. I'm trying to get them to add a way to just filter TS (not TS and MKV) files. If they do that, I won't need PolyMorphTV.

I'm not against paying for PolyMorphTV (a promise is a promise), but I would need a lot more control over the process than what I saw briefly when I opened it during the trial. If you gave us a reasonable subset of the functionality that MCE Buddy has, I'd be happy to fork over the $20.

But right now I'm not sure if I can use Emby. Yesterday Emby was doing its best to play Godzilla - it ate all my NAS hard drive space (causing me to lose a recording). I couldn't find anything definitive on the cause, but after I shut down Emby, it immediately freed more than 200GB of space! If I keep seeing Emby do this sort of thing, I won't be using it long...