PolyMorphTV Plugin

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Shidapu

Is it normal that you can't access the settings of the plugin? When i click it, nothing happens.

Uh oh.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaBrowser.Plugins.PolyMorph.TV.ScheduledTasks.PolyMorphMoviesMKV2MP4_Basic_All.RecordFromFile(MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, Movie item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Plugins.PolyMorph.TV.ScheduledTasks.PolyMorphMoviesMKV2MP4_Basic_All.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

https://pastebin.com/PkjraBuV

Edited by Shidapu

Shidapu

Their is no setting to configure.

I can't convert to Mp4 with movies, only TV episodes. I get the error mentioned above.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaBrowser.Plugins.PolyMorph.TV.ScheduledTasks.PolyMorphMoviesMKV2MP4_Basic_All.RecordFromFile(MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, Movie item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Plugins.PolyMorph.TV.ScheduledTasks.PolyMorphMoviesMKV2MP4_Basic_All.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
Edited by Shidapu

Shidapu

I also get this..

Recording for Z:\_FTP\TV Serier\South.Park.S22E03.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/South.Park.S22E03.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.srt failed. Exit code 1
at MediaBrowser.Plugins.PolyMorph.TV.ScheduledTasks.PolyMorphTV_ExtractSubtitles.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)

Also, another log if it helps you.

https://gamerzdot.com/log.txt

Couldn't post it on any paste sites..

Edited by Shidapu

BeppoMonkeyBoy

I also get this..

Recording for Z:\_FTP\TV Serier\South.Park.S22E03.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/South.Park.S22E03.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.srt failed. Exit code 1
at MediaBrowser.Plugins.PolyMorph.TV.ScheduledTasks.PolyMorphTV_ExtractSubtitles.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)

Also, another log if it helps you.

https://gamerzdot.com/log.txt

Couldn't post it on any paste sites..

what happens if you run

ffmpeg.exe  -y -i "Z:\_FTP\TV Serier\South.Park.S22E03.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS\South.Park.S22E03.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv" -threads 1 -map 0:s:0 "Z:\_FTP\TV Serier\South.Park.S22E03.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/South.Park.S22E03.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.srt"

from the command line

• 3 weeks later...

I created a folder called "Anime Series" that has had all of the broken TVdb crap taken out of the equation, and I'm doing perfect AniDB style numberings and everything just works if I let Emby chew on that.

Your plugin isn't chewing on that. What gives? I have half a season of freaks and geeks and it chewed through that. It's completely ignoring a TB of anime. I'm starting to feel like my ten bucks was wasted.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

I created a folder called "Anime Series" that has had all of the broken TVdb crap taken out of the equation, and I'm doing perfect AniDB style numberings and everything just works if I let Emby chew on that.

Your plugin isn't chewing on that. What gives? I have half a season of freaks and geeks and it chewed through that. It's completely ignoring a TB of anime. I'm starting to feel like my ten bucks was wasted.

do you have a log to share? it might be falling foul of a sanity check, if its indexed in emby, it should just work though it, unless its seeing it wrong

BeppoMonkeyBoy

I found the log. I'm trying to figure it out on my own. I don't think it's your plugin now. Sorry I was brusk.

No worries, Happy to help when time permits :)

SuchPotential

first off, great plugin, it works right off the bat.. that being said, it would be great if you would expose some options for us to be able to toggle. For one, I would like to have the script delete the mkv after repackaging, I don't need two copies of everything clogging up my drives! If there was a way to integrate a bunch of the options from sickbeard_mp4_automator that would be the best! 

"SuchPotential"

Observe this option in the image:

"Original media folder, replacing original files"

I think that's what you missed and are complaining about needlessly.

5be4fe0f60842_Screenshotfrom201811082223

Note: You may have missed this section entirely though. It's not non-intuitive but it's not very intuitive either. The useablity could be improved to make usage more obvious. I'm just used to cryptic nonsense as a UNIX guy.

SuchPotential

I can only find that settings menu when clicking Convert on an individual item; does this apply to all background batch jobs and how to I apply it without just converting every video manually? Thanks for helping me out.

I can only find that settings menu when clicking Convert on an individual item; does this apply to all background batch jobs and how to I apply it without just converting every video manually? Thanks for helping me out.

That's the slightly non-intuitive part. You'd expect to find the main "let's do this" style menu in settings. It's not. You go out to the library level on the pretty main page, and find convert under 3 dots right on the library. At that point, you have options to keep/replace, tv or mobile friendly. I typically just repackage the original as mp4. I typically set my queue size to 4 at a time, but that's because I'm using ancient 7200 rpm sata for data. It was cheap and laying there.

• Like 1

Oh, and quick protip. You also want to check Download and Sync under Devices to make sure you haven't somehow kicked off 500 unique jobs instead of one sane one per media library. I had done this somehow while trying to figure it out. That's why it wasn't working for me on some libraries.

• Like 1

DRAGUNSLAYER

first off, great plugin, it works right off the bat.. that being said, it would be great if you would expose some options for us to be able to toggle. For one, I would like to have the script delete the mkv after repackaging, I don't need two copies of everything clogging up my drives! If there was a way to integrate a bunch of the options from sickbeard_mp4_automator that would be the best! 

For real though, Can you please add the option to delete after it has converted file successfully. I''l buy 3, lol

Edited by DRAGUNSLAYER

DRAGUNSLAYER

That's the slightly non-intuitive part. You'd expect to find the main "let's do this" style menu in settings. It's not. You go out to the library level on the pretty main page, and find convert under 3 dots right on the library. At that point, you have options to keep/replace, tv or mobile friendly. I typically just repackage the original as mp4. I typically set my queue size to 4 at a time, but that's because I'm using ancient 7200 rpm sata for data. It was cheap and laying there.

That is the built in convert feature of emby. It is unrelated to this plugin.

SuchPotential

As far as I understand it, or least how its working on my system, is the plugin will every so often scan for mkv's in your libraries and then queue a few of them to be converted by the built-in Emby conversion system. For this reason, the settings you set in the Emby conversion dialog are the ones that apply here too. Repeat every so often and evetually there will be no mkvs left.

• Like 1

One thing that I think is important to share, ditch the Emby ffmpeg completely. For whatever reason it does not appear to have any true hardware support at all.

Install your OS versions of:

1) ffmpeg

2) libavdevice

Any good linux has the option of adding a repo for them.

After that (I'm on Fedora), I did this to replace the emby ffmpeg.

cd /opt/emby-server/bin/

mv ffmpeg ffmpeg-emby; ln -s /usr/bin/ffmpeg ffmpeg

Then I check to make SURE this version supports NVENC:

/opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -codecs | grep -i nvenc
ffmpeg version 4.0.3 Copyright © 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 8 (GCC)
DEV.LS h264                 H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10 (decoders: h264 h264_v4l2m2m h264_qsv h264_cuvid ) (encoders: libx264 libx264rgb h264_nvenc h264_qsv h264_v4l2m2m h264_vaapi nvenc nvenc_h264 )
 DEV.L. hevc                 H.265 / HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) (decoders: hevc hevc_qsv hevc_v4l2m2m hevc_cuvid ) (encoders: libx265 nvenc_hevc hevc_nvenc hevc_qsv hevc_v4l2m2m hevc_vaapi )

And then suddenly my encoding and decoding is 10 times faster. It's really awesome. I highly suggest picking up a cheap something like a GTX1050 for this insane performance increase.

• Like 1

Tried installing this plugin, but the settings-page wont load. The plugin is installed, I even paid the $10 :)

Running Emby Version 3.5.3.0 on Windows 10, and the plugin info is: PolyMorphTV Version 18.7.23.1414.

When I click the plugin, and select "Settings", nothing happends, and if I refresh the page (since the URL changed to http://192.168.38.104:8096/web/index.html#!/configurationpage?name=PolyMorphTV),all I get is a black page...

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Tried installing this plugin, but the settings-page wont load. The plugin is installed, I even paid the $10 :)

Running Emby Version 3.5.3.0 on Windows 10, and the plugin info is: PolyMorphTV Version 18.7.23.1414.

When I click the plugin, and select "Settings", nothing happends, and if I refresh the page (since the URL changed to http://192.168.38.104:8096/web/index.html#!/configurationpage?name=PolyMorphTV),all I get is a black page...

At the moment there are no settings, it runs a set of profiles that i will eventually make user configurable.

The settings that people have flagged are not related to this plugin,

• 4 weeks later...
slevin7

Hello,
i have a little problem. I tried the plugin and well to be honest deleted it. My problem is now, that my Series still get transcoded when i manually add them in the folder.
with is not really a problem cause i can delete the transcoded Files but its a bit annoying.
I'm on the newest beta (3.6.0.76) and opened a ticket in the beta section. (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/66396-transcode-media/)
could you please tell me how i could remove the plugin? Thanks a lot.

greetz
slevin7

• Like 1