Emby Embedded ISO ?

thepcboss

thepcboss
Image already added

Hello, I am fairly new to Emby but would like to ask a question.

Plex has a downloadable iso image that can be installed as a standalone client/theater on a simple NUC type PC. It is very fast and stable.

Does Emby have something like this ?

Thank You

thepcboss

Doofus

No, I think I explained my self badly. I have an Emby Server on an HP Microserver Gen10.

I would like to if possible have client miniPC connected to the TV.

Image already added

Hi, we have our emby theater app, but we don't currently have an entire operating system image if that's what you're asking.

Guest asrequested

My buddy has a home automation company, and I may be working for him, soon. I'd love to add emby to his options. And having this as an option, would be fantastic. Easy intergration into contro4, with network control.

Jdiesel

I had been wanting to fork LibreELEC and start working on a incorporation Emby Theater for a while now but I would be a learning experience for me for sure. It would be a huge improvement over the existing linux version as you'd be able to eliminate at lot of environmental variables by moving to an embedded version.

Guest asrequested

Exactly! Having Theater be it's own entity, and not having to rely on the changes and instability of an OS, would be HUGE! As is, it's not stable enough to integrate into a $500,000 system. And it would have to be Theater with mpv, as nothing else can do what it does, in emby. He doesn't have the same knowledge that I do, so I would have an opportunity to present it to him.

Guest asrequested

I could build a 1u or 2u and put it straight into the rack. I formally request this! :D

Edited by Doofus