Can we stream from multiple servers?

soylentcreek

soylentcreek

While searching, I found this topic here that stated this was a planned feature in 2016, but I don't see any way of setting it up in the add-on.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38513-feature-request-viewing-multiple-servers/?hl=%2Bmultiple+%2Bservers

Did this feature ever get implemented, and if so, what how do I configure the add-on to pull from each server?

Hi, yes most apps already have this, in fact, all Emby apps do. You can only view content from one server at a time, but you can easily switch servers within Emby apps. Please let us know if this answers your question. Thanks !

soylentcreek

Maybe I'm missing something, but I do not see an option in the Kodi add-on that lets me easily switch servers.  I get to choose the server upon initially logging in to Emby Connect from within Kodi, but I'm not sure what to do from there if I want to quickly switch to a different server.

Edited by soylentcreek

soylentcreek

No, I've had to push this feature back due to lack of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a shame, but I can understand why it's not a high priority, since I'm sure that most users likely do not store their media in separate places.  For my particular use case, I have a remote VPS that I use to download content on the fly and the stream it to my local media player.  However, storage is limited, so I have my local server that is used predominantly to archive stuff that I would like to keep long term.

yeah it is a little tricky.

With Kodi EmbyCon you can switch between server and users relatively easy but you can not connect to two server at the same time and view items from both server at the same time.

I'll check out EmbyCon and see if it does what I'm needing it to do.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

Angelblue05

You could definitely use Emby for Kodi for one server and EmbyCon for another..

Yes, it would be the way to do it. I was planning to do something like EmbyCon to support that feature. Main server that is synced to the Kodi profile and other servers that are accessed via dynamic listings.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1