Lyrics Plugin for Emby?

pcman772

Does a lyrics plugin exist for Emby? Something to show the lyrics of a song while being played. It doesnt show in the Plugins catalog, so I assume one doesn't exist?

+1

aspdend

To combine a couple of feature requests - I would love to be able to see the lyrics over the top of a visualisation (ideally a photo montage) whilst music is playing...

+1 again from me for lyrics plugin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure about what anyone else feels on it, but I would think the best place to start would be internal, having the ability to display the lyrics saved within the meta data, and then later on possibly introducing fetching from other sources if it's not in the metadata.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Deezer and plex (both of which I have used, plex i'm trying to move away from) use lyricfind. Maybe worth admin sending an email to them to find out the price. I'd rather not have it if it takes money away from the devs TBH. If i need lyrics, google works for me.

Edited by jxb1234
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

+1 for lyrics, but also for cd+g support (preferably in .zip format).  I am a KJ, and cd+g is the industry standard when it comes to good sounding karaoke songs.  I know kodi support this, but would be awesome to have this available in emby.

skidmarks

Think a good starting point is to read the LYRICS tag in existing metadata files.  Have a button that would allow a lyrics display?

I have LYRICS for 90% of my library embedded into my music files.

CD+G support would be great as well, but guessing there is a very limited amount of interest in this. 

tomnjerry74

Not trying to be a jerk, but honestly emby has too many bugs - some that haven't been fixed for years - and design flaws to worry about before adding something like lyrics support.

Edited by tomnjerry74
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
Chyron
On 8/11/2020 at 6:14 PM, Luke said:

Not yet but we are still very much interested in this. Thanks for the feedback.

I would be very interested in this. For example, it would be great to listen to the Broadway Cast Recording for Hamilton, and have the lyrics show up as the music is playing.

I think Plex has some implementation of this, and their source for lyrics is LyricFind.

...of course, I can't use Plex for music because they have a months-old bug on Android (TV and Mobile) devices for Friend accounts that causes the sound to distort, and they refuse to fix it. So whether they have automatic lyrics implemented or not is a moot point.

Edited by Chyron

• 3 weeks later...
OrozarBE

I would happily pay for a lyrics plug-in. Isn't that a possibility that's easier to implement @Luke? If enough people are willing to pay a little extra if they want to use this functionality it should be easier no? 

It's just a matter of priorities vs other development but yes it's something we're very insterested in. Thanks.

HyphenZhao

Hi, I just went through the discussions and exciting to see the developers are still actively working on this!

I personally is also a developer. I am having some thoughts and would like to share a bit:

1. I would think it is easier to put lyrics in the same page of player. Put a small button under the album image to switch between album and lyrics. It wouldn't be too complicated to add a similar <div> and a jQuery to control the animation of switching.

2. For the lyrics, if there is no public lyrics database available. Would you consider to let the user to add lyric files into the folder manually? Someone like me may be happy to do it before it can be automatically loaded. 

3. It would be amazing to see the system has the ability to list out lyric file names contain same string as the musics. That will give the users a flexibility to select the potential correct lyrics.

I am very appreciated that you share most part of this program. Although I won't need the premium part, but I still paid as a support to your contribution. I hope that could motivate more people to share ideas. 

Best Regards,

Hyphen.