Live TV Sorting Issue - m3u

c0m3r
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi

I have loaded in an m3u and guide xml fine with Emby Server however am having a strange issue with the sorting in the guide. It appears as though emby is picking up the channel number from the stream title rather than using the sort order of the the m3u itself or using the name of the channel correctly. Have attached two images below:

5a5f57a56f1d7_m3uexample.png

5a5f573e6f22e_example2.png

Is there any way I can resolve this?

• Solution

That's correct. It's not something you can easily resolve right now other than editing the m3u. We plan to expand on our channel management features in the near future. thanks !

• Like 1

arrbee99

In the meantime you could try adding channel-id="1001" (or a more appropriate number) after the #EXTINF:-1. Seemed to work for me though you might of course know how to do this anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions. I could do that however it would mean editing the m3u which isnt really practical. Thanks though.

Hopefully the improvements Luke mentioned will solve the problem. It is pretty much the only thing stopping me moving back to Emby fully. The Mrs wouldnt like the standard order!