Cinema Mode Suggestion

Mopar_Mudder
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

Guest asrequested

Aaaaarrrrrggghhhhh! Nothing is consistent. It works in part, then it doesn't work at all. This doesn't work, correctly! There's something wrong with how the server is reading these folders/files.

Guest asrequested

And why does it only sometimes play trailers? A lot of the time, all I get is the custom intro, then straight to the movie. No trailers and no codec intro! This whole cinema mode doesn't seem to work, very well. 

Guest asrequested

I think I figured out the trailer issue. If I set to play only one trailer in the server, when I play a movie, it doesn't play any. I set it to play 2 trailers, and I get 2 trailers. 1 apparently doesn't work.

Mopar_Mudder

I have mine set to play 2 and some times it doesn't play any. Codec seems to work fine but I don't do Atmos

Guest asrequested

I have mine set to play 2 and some times it doesn't play any. Codec seems to work fine but I don't do Atmos

Yeah, it's very inconsistent. I can't find a specific way to reproduce it. It just randomly does or doesn't do it. 

It may depend on whether or not there is also a cinema trailer available for that item. Can you confirm?

Guest asrequested

How would we confirm that? Doesn't the trailer plugin just pick which to play? Or are you saying that a particular movie may or may not get trailers? If I test with same movie, repeatedly, sometimes I get trailers and sometimes I don't

ShoutingMan

I’ve got the Trailer set to just 1 and all options disabled (having problems with local trailers). I get my theater intro and a codec intro. If a movie is tagged Atmos, I get both TrueHD and Atmos. I’ve not noticed any problems with this.

• 5 months later...
Guest asrequested

Ok, I'm reviving this, because it still doesn't work. Here's something I'd like you to test. This is a link to an EAC3 + Atmos codec intro. Using only that intro, play an Atmos soundtrack that is not EAC3 and tell me how you get it to work. I've tagged it as Atmos, and it doesn't play.

Guest asrequested

This was what I was trying to explain, earlier. Atmos isn't a codec, and ffprobe isn't seeing it. If that's what's being relied on, Atmos won't be able to be used, directly. 

• 3 years later...
Sammy
On 1/19/2019 at 11:00 AM, Luke said:

Try just naming it atmos.mkv, then run a library scan.

Searching for EAC3 codec intros I ran across this old thread. Is there any follow up on this, @Luke

On 3/10/2022 at 9:56 AM, Sammy said:

Searching for EAC3 codec intros I ran across this old thread. Is there any follow up on this, @Luke

Hi, what exactly are you asking about?