Cinema Mode Suggestion

Mopar_Mudder
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

Guest asrequested

Unfortunately, you can't use an Atmos folder. It doesn't work, as it's metadata not a codec. Most of my Atmos movies are TrueHD but I have one or two that are DD+ 5.1 with Atmos. So for those, I won't get the Atmos intro. And I have Atmos intros in the TrueHD folder, as opposed to TrueHD intros. If they could be separated, that would be awesome. But I'm not sure it can be done. 

You could using intros by tags but you'd have to tag them manually.

• Like 1

Mopar_Mudder

Awesome thanks, when you get a chance you should update the instruction for cinema mode. I am going to go play around with it now!

Guest asrequested

But there's a conflict with the folders. If I have an Atmos folder and a TrueHD, no videos from either will be played. I couldn't get the intros to play at all, and I finally figured out that I needed to delete the Atmos folder, then they played. I have no idea, why.

So are you saying that if I tag the audio with Atmos and I play a movie that is TrueHD without Atmos, it will not play an Atmos intro and instead choose the TrueHD intro? That is what I would need, as there are multiple codecs that have and have not got Atmos. I don't want every eac3 movie playing an Atmos intro.

Guest asrequested

What do you mean by conflict?

Just what I said. If I have both an atmos folder and a truehd folder, none of the videos in either folder would be played in cinema mode. As soon as I deleted the atmos folder, the videos in the truehd folder were then used in cinema mode. I initially thought that truehd just didn't work (I posted about that).

Edited by Doofus

That sounds coincidental. How was the atmos relationship established?

Guest asrequested

I have no idea. It was just how I made the folders, initially. Now I just put the Atmos intros in the truehd folder. The point being that if I tag the videos for Atmos and make an Atmos folder, it won't work.

Ok so the audio codec intros are given higher priority than the tag intros. Does that sound like it would explain it?

Guest asrequested

Ok so the audio codec intros are given higher priority than the tag intros. Does that sound like it would explain it?

So that would make the tags useless, as we are using codec folders. It would always obey the codec, not the tag. But it still doesn't explain why if I have an atmos folder and a truehd folder (no tags), that neither will work. I'll have to re-test this, as I deleted the atmos folder, a while ago.

yea could you do that and then if you think there's an issue, get me the specifics? thanks.

ShoutingMan

This is what I do. Pretty sure it works as expected.

Guest asrequested

This is what I do. Pretty sure it works as expected.

Do you have an atmos folder and an truehd folder?

Guest asrequested

I just did a quick test with adding an atmos folder (no tags), and the truehd intros did play. So yes, it works :) I'll add tags for atmos, later.

• Like 1

ShoutingMan

Do you have an atmos folder and an truehd folder?

ill recheck my setup tomorrow and report back :)

ShoutingMan

@@ShoutingMan how have you written your atmos tags?

I don't use folders. I just have a "Intros - Codec" folder, which has intro videos:

atmos.mkv

truehd.mkv

dts-hd ma.mkv

ac3.mkv

3d.3D-mvc.mkv

For Atmos content, I manually add the Tag "Atmos" in the metadata manager.

When I play an Atmos movie I get both the TrueHD and the Atmos codec videos.

Edited by ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan

So if I create folders named

Atmos

TrueHD

DTS-HD MA

AC3

Can I put multiple MKV videos in there to get a variety of intro playbacks? Or is that not working yet? I'm confused on what the conclusion was here.

ShoutingMan

So if I create folders named

Atmos

TrueHD

DTS-HD MA

AC3

Can I put multiple MKV videos in there to get a variety of intro playbacks? Or is that not working yet? I'm confused on what the conclusion was here.

OK, that works. I found some other threads that discuss this explicitly.

Guest asrequested

OK, that works. I found some other threads that discuss this explicitly.

So the truehd and Atmos intros play, independently? I'm gonna try this in a little bit

Guest asrequested

Ok, I created an atmos folder, moved the videos to that folder, and put a new truehd video in the truehd folder. I tagged one the movies with atmos. Neither atmos nor truehd videos will play. It plays the trailers and the emby intro, then goes straight to the movie.

Guest asrequested

Now it only plays atmos, and is ignoring the truehd. 

Is it possible that it's seeing the atmos, even without the tag?

Edited by Doofus