Cinema Mode Suggestion

Mopar_Mudder
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

Mopar_Mudder
Playing around with Cinema Mode and having it working and it is pretty decent. I do have one suggestion though that would make it better.

For the codec intros how about changing it so that we could have a folder that is named what ever the code is and then it would play a random file from that folder. I don't like being stuck with one intro when their are so many cool DTS and Dolby intro.

Also I have it set to play two new trailers and have the trailer plug in installed. I played two movies last night and too my surprise it played exactly the same two trailers for both movies, but in reverse order.

• Like 1

this is a good idea, however in the meantime you can still achieve the same thing because the video file just has to start with the codec name.

Actually sorry, I lied. That's  not true anymore. After reviewing the code I remembered that we had to stop doing that because then you'd have a situation where dts would be picking up codec intros for dts-hd. We could obviously put a hack in the code for that specific one but that won't be able to handle them all.

Guest asrequested

Damn! So then I also would like to have folders for each codec, so we can have multiple and have them play, randomly.

Mopar_Mudder

Actually sorry, I lied. That's  not true anymore. After reviewing the code I remembered that we had to stop doing that because then you'd have a situation where dts would be picking up codec intros for dts-hd. We could obviously put a hack in the code for that specific one but that won't be able to handle them all.

Man I was already off to go change them then I read this. Your kind of a tease.....

Well I will keep hoping for a change, I would think a folder with the name of the codec or tag would be the easiest way to do it, but then I don't write the code

Ok, we can add this to the next beta. I will be depending on you guys for testing this though, thanks.

Guest asrequested

Ok, we can add this to the next beta. I will be depending on you guys for testing this though, thanks.

I'm running a beta. I'll be able to test it

Guest asrequested

So this is in the Beta now, right? What's the naming convention for the folders? Just ac3, truehd etc?

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

So, a parent folder with codec sub-folders? 

Codecs  > ac3  > intro 1.mkv

>  dts  > intro 1.mkv

Guest asrequested

That works, nicely! One thing, though. if you have a movie with multiple sound tracks, and you choose a different track other than the first in the list, the codec intro always matches the the first in the list, and not the track you pick.

Mopar_Mudder

Just wanted to update the new trailer play back. I had stated in my first post that I played two movies and it played the same two trailers for both of them. Well last night we played a movie and again got one of the same trailers plus the second trailer was another trailer for the exact same movie, so two trailers for the same movie. Something is off with "random" trailer play back.

Also on a forth movie we watched I never played a trailer, just stuck on a spinning circle doing nothing. Now this could be do to internet service which can be less then great where I am, I really miss downloading the trailers for quick play back. Any way is it possible to have something that if it can't get a trailer playing from the internet in say 10 seconds or something it will just skip them and move on to the next item in the Cinema Mode list?

that if it can't get a trailer playing from the internet in say 10 seconds or something it will just skip them and move on to the next item in the Cinema Mode list?

That's what we should be doing, and if it's not happening, then please discuss an example and attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

• 4 months later...
Mopar_Mudder

Just bringing this back up to see if anything has been happening to improve the Codec intro's options.

Mopar_Mudder

We were discussing making a change that would allow more then one video per codec. Something like having a folder for a codec and they play a random video from that folder. I thought it sounded like you were going to look into changing it.

• 1 month later...
Mopar_Mudder

If it is in place how does it work? Every thing on the settings screen and instructions still say you can only have one file for each codec.

• Solution
Guest asrequested

If it is in place how does it work? Every thing on the settings screen and instructions still say you can only have one file for each codec.

You just make a folder named correctly with the codec, and put the videos in the folder.

5b3d35d3adb90_Snapshot_152.jpg

5b3d363df1a90_Snapshot_151.jpg

• Like 1