Custom Arctic MediaBrowser skin

elcabong

pseudoheld

Found a bug:

When pressing down twice on panel view on TV Shows or Movies normally brings up "In the Spotlight" section.

However when i do it, it stays blank. And i can't return to the recently added view.

• 2 weeks later...
elcabong

I started taking a look over the weekend for updating the skin to be compatible with Kodi Helix.  Once i get the live tv sorted, the rest of the updates will go pretty quick.

I saw Jurial posted some views of his new version of arctic.  while I like some of his changes, I still prefer the panel home menu look.  So unless that gets incorporated as an option in his new version, i will be keeping this one alive, although with slower updates than i would like.

For the issues you listed above, I will not be changing too much how the panel view is currently, by making it more like 1080, i meant that the home screen widgets would be the full list (ideally) instead of being limited to 10 or 20 items, they should list all the items..  I was also contemplating adding more options for the home view widgets in addition to the current ones:  New, Ongoing, Random (spotlight), |new ones after this| All, Favorites, etc.    and i will fix the issue of getting stuck when there are no items in one of the lists, as you mention when the view stays blank and you cannot switch..

The main items keeping it from being fully Kodi compliant at this point are the input dialogs with on screen keyboard, and the live tv sections which will need some love.  Now that ive started looking at that code, it should just take a few weeks to sort through it and make a working v1 update for Helix.

• Like 1

I started taking a look over the weekend for updating the skin to be compatible with Kodi Helix.  Once i get the live tv sorted, the rest of the updates will go pretty quick.

I saw Jurial posted some views of his new version of arctic.  while I like some of his changes, I still prefer the panel home menu look.  So unless that gets incorporated as an option in his new version, i will be keeping this one alive, although with slower updates than i would like.

For the issues you listed above, I will not be changing too much how the panel view is currently, by making it more like 1080, i meant that the home screen widgets would be the full list (ideally) instead of being limited to 10 or 20 items, they should list all the items..  I was also contemplating adding more options for the home view widgets in addition to the current ones:  New, Ongoing, Random (spotlight), |new ones after this| All, Favorites, etc.    and i will fix the issue of getting stuck when there are no items in one of the lists, as you mention when the view stays blank and you cannot switch..

The main items keeping it from being fully Kodi compliant at this point are the input dialogs with on screen keyboard, and the live tv sections which will need some love.  Now that ive started looking at that code, it should just take a few weeks to sort through it and make a working v1 update for Helix.

Glad to hear you want to keep this one alive! I too prefer the panel home screen from Arctic to the Arctic Zephyr alpha layout. 

pseudoheld

Fully agree. I love the Arctic HomeView.

Jurial said he will incorporate a similar view in Zephyr:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217174&pid=1920210#pid1920210

Still awesome of you to update this skin though. its been my skin for years and im not tired of looking at it ;)

Gonna keep an eye on Zephyr though as it looks REALLY promising!

• 2 weeks later...
pseudoheld

just fyi. the classic arctic homescreen has already made a return!

this skin is looking pretty epic atm and it aint even finished!

CkIJ9BA.png

opUKJDB.png

elcabong

ive been following the progress Jurial has been making.  Looks great so far.  One of the reasons (in addition to not having available time) i have not update the current skin yet.  Since it looks like we might be getting a stable version of his new arctic skin in the near future, i might just leave the current version and branch his new version for Helix onward.  There are probably some noticeable coding improvements with the base of his new skin, vs the old one im working on, which was I think one of Jurials earlier mods of another skin.  There are some less than desirable ways the old skin was put together, and starting from the new base, it may be the best for moving forward.

When i have some time, il integrate MB into the new one, and submit a pull request to see if Jurial wants it merged into the master branch..  otherwise il continue to develop the MB branch as i did with the last version.