Slow Browsing for Movie Library Xbox 1S

nagetech

nagetech

Howdy!

I've been waiting for a bit to see if this issue "worked itself out" but it seems to be pretty persistent, so figured I'd chime in.

I have an XBox 1S with the latest version of the the UWP app as well as always running the latest Stable Server Version.

Browsing through my libraries (outside of movies) is pretty fast and love it!

BUT when I go to browse "All Movies" in my movies Library and it loads all 6k of my movies, scrolling through it is very painful.

Pushing down on the remote for example, you will see a perceivable lag. Holding it down to "speed through" lags even worse. Pretty much the only way to get to a movie in the middle of the library is to do a manual search for it.

Doing the same thing on my Roku is smooth and fast....

I'm guessing because it's trying to load so many movies (images and such) is causing it to lag? I tested this on wireless and wried and it's the same.

Hoping it's something that can be tweaked :)

@@Luke

nagetech

Awesome, thanks for letting me know.

For those of us that caren't coding Gods like you, could you share some insight about what that is exactly and give or take where you guys are with that development?

ALways love learning new things :)

Virtualized scrolling will only render what you see on screen as opposed to trying to render the entire contents of the list.

nagetech

Ah! Perfect that definitely sounds like the ticket :)

Is there a beta/test version of that release out to try yet? or is it still way early to test?

• 1 month later...

I'm seeing this as well.  For me it's just not the Xbox client but a few that are slow to load movies (only movies) and I to have a large movie library as well at over 10K movies.

Carlo

• 4 months later...
nagetech

Howdy everyone!

Long time lover and user of Emby here. Always loved how easy it made it for me to enjoy my media....but as of late the Xbox One app is really breaking up that experience :(

Mostly, the app seems to have the "spinning circle of death" constantly. I have a VERY large collection, and trying to browse my Movies or TV shows (going to All movies or all shows) is very problematic. If I load up the "All" of either movie or shows, the first couple of rows of media always show up just fine.... it is when I start scrolling through it that things go bad. Some of the posters will just not be there, and selecting anything will almost always lead to the spinning circle showing up. Can't play or do anything. I have to force quit the app (and sometimes power off the Xbox completely) to get things responsive again.

I've tried letting it sit at the "all" screen for about 10 minutes thinking maybe if I'm patient it can start to cache things, but no go :( Went so far as to uninstall the app, reboot xbox, and reinstall the app, and still the same.

If the movie or show aren't under "next up" or "latest" it is pretty much not happening for me unless I manually search for things.

I've checked everything on my end and am confident it is not a network issue for me. I have several tablets, computers, phones & Roku's that all stream and work perfectly fine. The Xbox app is the only one that suffers from any issues.

Is there a setting or something I am just not aware of? Or is the app broken?

Looking forward to hearing from @@Luke

Thanks emby team for all your hard work, and looking forward to getting this app issue fixed.

nagetech

I see my new post was merged with a previous post from months ago. I completely forgot I had even made that post.

@ Luke any updates on this? Last I reported it to you was back in March give or take. Its been very frustrating :(

I know you're busy not looking to rush you, but you know that "mental placebo" affect helps keep one waiting patiently :)

It's a difficult change, that's why it's not done yet, but we are actively working on it. Thanks.

nagetech

Could you describe the change? Just curious to know exactly how you can address it. Is it some kind of limitation of the xbox one that you have to creatively work around? or is it just the emby app was never optimized for god awfully large collections?

Just trying to learn a little :)

We need to only render what is visible on-screen rather than the entire contents of the list. Since you say you have a massive list, that's why you're seeing this problem.

nagetech

Gotcha! let me know if you roll out a beta version of it, I wouldn't mind trying it out asap.....only becuase I haven't been able to enjoy/watch tv on my main TV since the only option there is the xbox one :(

• 1 year later...