Change audio track (How?)

Erik
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi, I'm probably missing something obvious...I started a feature request for selection of audio track, but then i realized I don't have the option to ever change audio tracking in the app. I use the * but it always lists default and no other selection available (i have double checked the file and it does have other tracks avail).

I assume this is because the server starts the transcoding for the default audio (hence the feature request to choose that). Am I missing something, or is track selection a limitation of transcoding/streaming/etc, and available only when direct playing?

Thanks,

Erik

• Solution

Hi.  If you press any button other than the '*' you should get an on-screen display with other buttons along the bottom.  If your item has multiple audio tracks, one of those buttons will be for the audio.

Unfortunately, Roku keeps changing how they handle the '*' from firmware to firmware.  Sometimes we can trap it and show you our menu, others not.

• Like 1

Ah, when i click the * button, i just get the flyout menu on the left side that has, CC/C Track/Audio track/Night Listening. So I'm assuming that's the Roku menu.

However, if i "arrow down" i get a menu across the bottom (not sure how i missed that). That's definitely the emby menu and i can see the track change option now.

Thanks!

(Roku Ultra with latest firmware FYI)