Alexa isn't seeing my server

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

All of a sudden, my server isn't showing to be able to be connected to. My server is still accessible through Emby connect, but isn't showing as an option to be linked to, through Alexa. My beta server is the only option. I am running a VPN for the server, but it's been working up until, now. 

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Somehow my account was disconnected. So bizarre! Maybe this is the cause of my having to retrain Alexa, repeatedly? Why would it randomly disconnect?

I lost all of emby connect, but it didn't happen all at the same time.

Edited by Doofus

Angelblue05

I don't believe it would have that effect. I would like to assume, it's associated to your Amazon account, otherwise, it would be a pain to teach Alexa on per-device basis...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mastrmind11

I can't add my server either.  

edit:  I just checked my Connect settings and my server was no longer linked.  Re-enabled Connect for my user, confirmed the email, and was then able to link Emby to Alexa.  Odd.

Edited by mastrmind11

Angelblue05

Odd. I don't think this has happened to me yet. But keep an eye on that connect link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely you reinstalled the server, or removed the server from an app which will also remove it from your connect account, if you're signed into connect.

Guest asrequested

After I relinked my server to emby connect, last night, a short time later, it disconnected again. So it would seem that emby connect is having some sort of issue with my connection. It's been working, perfectly, but maybe now it's having issues with my VPN. I didn't have time to investigate, last night, so I'll check into it, tonight. As of right now, I have no remote access.

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Ok, so it looks like it's the VPN. Disabling it, I get access, again. Sorry for the false alarm. I'll figure out why it suddenly stopped working :)