Issues with Xbox One app

iclay

I have 2 Xbox Ones and one Xbox One X. All of them are experiencing the same issue, where I cannot browse around when opening the guide for live TV. I seem to be able to go up and down in the guide, with a lot of pausing, but I cannot go left or right, nor will it tune to any channel. The installations of the Windows app on my Windows 10 laptops appear to be working with live TV just fine. Any thoughts on what might be going on there?

Also, it appears that Ember will direct play live TV without transcoding (which is AWESOME!!!), but any recorded shows that are saved in .ts format with no re-encoding will not play without transcoding. Is that by design? If so, are there any plans to change that or do I need to make sure that I am re-encoding the shows right after they are recorded?

Thanks!!

7illusions

Hi,

I'll see if I can manage to reproduce this issue. I don't have a server that has LiveTV att the moment, so it's kind difficult to debug. :) But I'll see what I can do to mock the data.

Do you have the mediainfo of a recording that won't Play? That should help nail this down fast.

Here is the data from the mediainfo file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
  <plot />
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2018-01-12 20:00:19</dateadded>
  <title>Child Support_20180112_20002100</title>
  <runtime>1</runtime>
  <art>
    <poster>F:\TV\Child Support\Child Support_20180112_20002100-thumb.jpg</poster>
  </art>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>mpeg2video</codec>
        <micodec>mpeg2video</micodec>
        <bitrate>13038689</bitrate>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>720</height>
        <aspect>16:9</aspect>
        <aspectratio>16:9</aspectratio>
        <framerate>59.94006</framerate>
        <scantype>interlaced</scantype>
        <default>False</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
        <duration>1</duration>
        <durationinseconds>64</durationinseconds>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>ac3</codec>
        <micodec>ac3</micodec>
        <bitrate>384000</bitrate>
        <language>eng</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
        <default>False</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <codec>ac3</codec>
        <micodec>ac3</micodec>
        <bitrate>192000</bitrate>
        <language>spa</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
        <default>False</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</episodedetails>

Does that cover what you need? This is a little interesting... Ember says it's transcoding in the upper right corner, but I don't see anything eating up the CPU on the media server or my Win10 PC. I see ffmpeg running, but only taking a tiny amount of the CPU. Even then, it only seems to run for about 2 minutes, then looks like it stops, but the show keeps playing. When I use Emby Theater, it shows that it's direct playing. It almost seems like Ember is saying it's transcoding, and does a for a little bit, but then just plays after. I think I'm all sorts of confused....  ;)

7illusions

I can just guess what's happening since I don't have the logs, but out of what you describe and with the streamdetails provided Ember tells the server to just do a remux (same video and audio streams but just swapping container).

The reason Ember calls this transcoding and Theater doesn't is that we have different philosophical opinions on what is what.

My standpoint is the following:

Direct Play: The actual file is being played directly, Emby server can be turned off and playback would continue.

Direct Streaming: File is played "As is" but it's delivered via the Emby server.

Transcoding: ffmoeg is involved in any way. This includes even remuxing

• Like 1

Ok, makes sense. Thanks for the info! I can send you anything you want if it helps.

Is there any data I can help with gathering for the guide issue? I think I'm down to this being my last blocker before going full bore on killing DirecTV.

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...
casa101

i​ am for the first time in the group.

In the past i used ember on my phone and there it was already better than emby theatre.

​Now i work with a server an use myxbox as client.

Emby theatre makes a lot of hicks.

​When i try and when i minnelied get the cursor on a station it worked perfectly.

In the beginning of this topic iclay spokes about 2 issues, playing a recorded video and the control issues with ember with a xbox controller.

​It really jumps to all sides, than stop and most of the time not visible.

​In the answer there is no solution for this issue.

​Can you give a reply for this

• 5 months later...
jasonsimth

I have 2 Xbox Ones and one Xbox One X. All of them are experiencing the same issue, where I cannot browse around when opening the guide for live TV. I seem to be able to go up and down in the guide, with a lot of pausing, but I cannot go left or right, nor will it tune to any channel. The installations of the Windows app on my Windows nintendo 3ds emulator10 laptops appear to be working with live TV just fine. Any thoughts on   Cartoon HD app download   what might be going on there?

Also, it appears that Ember will direct play live TV without transcoding (which is AWESOME!!!), but any recorded shows playbox app download that are saved in .ts format with no re-encoding will not play without transcoding. Is that by design? If so, are there any plans to change that or do I need to make sure that I am re-encoding the shows right after they are recorded?

Thanks!!

nice ieda bro <3