ember freezing during playback and rewind features

Lamista

I noticed on occasion, and I cant really tell what is the cause now, that ember will sometimes just "freeze" or "pause" during playback, I have seen it happen during the end of a movie, sometimes in the middle then in the end. The only way I can get it to play again is by backing out to the movie title then "resuming" from the last spot. Again this is a random occurrence, I would say out of this happens 1 out of every three movies I playback..

Also  rewind or the 10 sec back button do not work, in fact when I select 10 sec back it actually goes forward.

Hi

To help 7Illusions check on it, the next time it happens can you capture the media details on the video. File type, format etc. A screen shot of the media info of the movie from the web client who be of a big help.

• 2 weeks later...
Scott310

I am not experiencing this issue. Ibwas getting some freezes here and there and then I lowered the max bit rate a little in the playback settings and it hasn't happened since. Maybe give that a try. I lowered it from 60 to 10 which is still plenty for my files to direct play but for some reason I think that may have fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I will get more info by tomorrow, My daughter was playing a movie and it was freezing the video after about 5 minutes of playback, but the audio kept playing, I tested the same video with Plex media server (I turned of emby server for testing, and to rule out a possible server issue) and the same video played with 0 issues. Im going to conduct another test tomorrow on roku with emby  to rule out emby server...Ill give the file details when I do this.

Ok..I just tested with the Roku player, not stalls or video issues  with the movie. I am testing with Jurassic World, Roku is set to automatic at first, then I I tested with HD 20MBPS, no issues with either format..Both devices hardwired,  On top of this, during the Roku test my wife was playing another movie on another xbox at the same time. (the test with JUrassic PArk yesterday with playback issue on Ember happened when it was the only device playing anything from the server) 

On this video the audio was playing, (sometimes it jumped) but the video would freeze on the screen while the audio continued, and eventually "speed up" to catch up to the audio, but then freeze.

File size : 17.0 GiB Duration : 2 h 4 min Overall bit rate mode : Variable Overall bit rate : 19.6 Mb/s

Format : DTS Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems Format profile : MA / Core Mode : 16 Format settings, Endianness : Big Codec ID : A_DTS Duration : 2 h 4 min Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant Bit rate : 5 421 kb/s / 1 509 kb/s Channel(s) : 8 channels / 6 channels Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF) Bit depth : 24 bits Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy

***side note, the movie my wife was playing was a DTS audio movies, also playing on EMBER, Video was playing fine, but 0 Audio..I enabled vitrual audio on the app..still nothing, I enabled teh DTS passtrhough, (hooked to a HD audio capable 7.1 audio receiver) , still nothing. Luckily I recorded the second audio AC3 track to the video, enabled that, and  the audio came through..so thats is a new issue I found

Complete name : Z:\Shakira Oral Fixation Tour 2007\Shakira Oral Fixation Tour 2007.mkv Format : Matroska Format version : Version 1 File size : 7.89 GiB Duration : 1 h 32 min Overall bit rate : 12.1 Mb/s Encoded date : UTC 2009-02-08 17:11:02   ID : 2 Format : DTS Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems Mode : 16 Format settings, Endianness : Big Codec ID : A_DTS Duration : 1 h 32 min Bit rate mode : Constant Bit rate : 1 510 kb/s Channel(s) : 6 channels Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF) Bit depth : 24 bits Compression mode : Lossy Stream size : 1 004 MiB (12%) Title : DTS 5.1 1536Kbps Language : English Default : Yes Forced : No

Audio #2 ID : 3 Format : AC-3 Format/Info : Audio Coding 3 Format settings, Endianness : Big Codec ID : A_AC3 Duration : 1 h 32 min Bit rate mode : Constant Bit rate : 640 kb/s Channel(s) : 6 channels Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF) Bit depth : 16 bits Compression mode : Lossy

Edited by Lamista

Wife just tested another Video, George michael in concert, DTS..this time I did not have a second audio...video plays, 0 audio

Audio ID : 2 Format : DTS Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems Mode : 16 Format settings, Endianness : Big Codec ID : A_DTS Duration : 2 h 13 min Bit rate mode : Constant Bit rate : 1 509 kb/s Channel(s) : 6 channels Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF) Bit depth : 24 bits Compression mode : Lossy Stream size : 1.41 GiB (19%) Default : Yes Forced :

No

Now...the funny thing here, Jurassic Park Work is DTS MA, and that plays...but of course the video freezes after a couple minutes..defiantly, not happening on Roku for Emby, 

Another observation, the device these audio issues are happening on are on a XBOX ONE Elite 1tb.. This seems to be playing Jurassic world fine..no freezing..no audio issues.

The freezing happened on a XBOX one S..SO these issues seem to be system related with the app

***update***

this freezing has stopped on the xbox one s for now....I have 3 s in the house..all seem to be playing it fine...the only thing that changed was that I enabled PLEX because of the issues, and turned off Emby, I started emby today so it may just have needed a bump to fix...I will report back if the freezing starts again...but at least i know what movie this was happening to test, and the issue  started at the exact same time frame each time.

NOW dor the DTS no audio issue..that remains true for the XBOX one elite...DTS MA plays fine, regular DTS, no good...Ill test on the xbox one s as well to confirm.

Edited by Lamista

Just tested the audio issue on a one s that has a DTS surrond sound, it to will not play DTS audio..only DTS MA,  I tested the same movie (shakira) on a roku with Emby, audio plays fine, but of course I think its down mixing, but its working regardless.

Let me knwo if you need more information to help sort this out.

And just tested another video..this time its giving an error cannot be decoded:

Get The Gringo\Get the Gringo.mkv Format : Matroska Format version : Version 2 File size : 9.44 GiB Duration : 1 h 35 min Overall bit rate : 14.1 Mb/s Encoded date : UTC 2012-07-07 19:15:36 Writing application : mkvmerge v5.6.0 ('Kenya Kane') built on May 27 2012 16:44:04 Writing library : libebml v1.2.3 + libmatroska v1.3.0

Video ID : 1 Format : AVC Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec Format profile : High@L4.1 Format settings, CABAC : Yes Format settings, RefFrames : 4 frames Muxing mode : Header stripping Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC Duration : 1 h 35 min Bit rate : 12.3 Mb/s Width : 1 920 pixels Height : 800 pixels Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1 Frame rate mode : Constant Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS Color space : YUV Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 Bit depth : 8 bits Scan type : Progressive Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.334 Stream size : 8.24 GiB (87%)

ID : 2 Format : DTS Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems Mode : 16 Format settings, Endianness : Big Codec ID : A_DTS Duration : 2 h 13 min Bit rate mode : Constant Bit rate : 1 509 kb/s Channel(s) : 6 channels Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF) Bit depth : 24 bits Compression mode : Lossy Stream size : 1.41 GiB (19%) Default : Yes Forced : No

I tested thsi movie on both the Xbox one elite and Xbox s, both same error

Tested with Emby direct, played fine..also tested on MPC, played fine.