GameBrowser Setup

xbmcgotham

@@cash84 Thanks for taking the time for me. :-)

Would love to get more information on what you did. Can you remember where you fiddled around with settings or what search words you used to find more information on the problem related to audio and video cracking?

The pixels also look very square, not sure if this is normal, but I think it is also related to some settings.

Give me time to look this issue up. Probably will be over the weekend. Just use a typical issue search to find out.

If you have a HDTV, that's normal to have very square. Gotta remember when these games came out, TV's weren't like they are today. You can do some tweaking in the settings.

Just a practical question.

If you have a PS3 and emby server computer next to each other and you want to play a game on the PS3, how can you easily prevent emby to be activated by the controller switching on without having to take out the Bluetooth dongle?

If you have the controller paired to both the PC and PS3. I don't think there is a work around that. Just gonna have to buy another controller to keep it apart. Could just close out emby when using the ps3.

Windows games are not supported in Emby Theater. They will only work in Emby for Windows Media Center.

There's a work around here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42402-program-launcher/?p=485032 

I think you need to just install the plugin in ET and that's all you should have to do. If you could try it out, let me know and also could update the guide for windows.

can someone help me to solve this problem

also there is no guide how to play pc games in emby thread  many topics confuse me . <_<

You're Dolphin command line arguments should be like this

5a72697ca1bf4_dolphin.png

I couldn't figure out the ePSXe command line and i Just went with retroarch. Do your search through this topic. You will find your answer.

For windows, look here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42402-program-launcher/?p=485032

Frank Drebin

Just a practical question.

If you have a PS3 and emby server computer next to each other and you want to play a game on the PS3, how can you easily prevent emby to be activated by the controller switching on without having to take out the Bluetooth dongle?

Connect ps3 controller with usb on ps3, turn it on, disconnect the cable, now its connected to your ps3.

Same for pc, connect it with usb, turn on your ps3 controller, disconnect the cable and its connected to your pc.

xbmcgotham

Thanks @@cash84 for having a look for me. :-)

Great tip @@Frank Drebin will give this a try when I am finished the config. Please PM me in dutch how to work the "make new rar etc steps in your manual". Still like to know what you wanted me to do.

Thanks

xbmcgotham

Which PS2 retroarch emulator are you using or recommend using?

Beetle PSX

Beetle PSXHW or

PCSX ReArmed

There’s only pcsx2 that works good right now. There’s others out there but in very early development.

Those you mention are only for psx

xbmcgotham

There’s only pcsx2 that works good right now. There’s others out there but in very early development.

Those you mention are only for psx

Thanks.

Ah, the abbreviation confuse. :-)

xbmcgotham

Just trying to add a new rom collection. This case PS2.

I just duplicated what I had done for N64, so games are under GAMES > PS2 > The X-Files Resist or Serve > The X-Files Resist or Serve.iso

I added just one game to test

Added the urls to the plugin and library for PS2 and ran the update (search for new and updated). However no game info/artwork is scraped or PS2 console info/art.

However according to http://thegamesdb.net/game/4766/ All information is available and accept for the double colon in the name, all is spelled the same.

Any ideas?

Edited by xbmcgotham

The scraping isn’t 100 perfect. Either you have to have the file name just right or it will load even a different platform. What you have to do is enter the game ID by going to the game edit info then scroll down til you see game ID then enter it there. Save it then go back and refresh metadata. It will load up.

My plan in the near feature that I will have available online that you can get complete games for each system with perfect metadata and pictures. I never really found one scraper that is perfect.

hussain.fry

Windows games are not supported in Emby Theater. They will only work in Emby for Windows Media Center.

i can run some windows games in in Emby Theater.

i have also  last version for emby windows media center but there no plugins for gamebrowser also how i can add games is there guide for EWMC

finally i success to run rocket launcher with emby theater it work fine with me i think that i hate in emby theater that it is not possible to add all games one time in one xml file database similar to hyperspin .

:)

thanks

xbmcgotham

Any of you having problems with the games section again after upgrading to new emby server?

I followed the following steps after update:

1. adding the game folders to emby and plugin

2. scrape

3. Edited Gamebrowser.xml and removed the spaces for the console types.

4. Edited all game.xml's and changed

<gamesystem>Nintendo64<gamesystem>
To
<gamesystem>Nintendo 64<gamesystem>

5. Choose scan new data and update file then refresh.

6. Close out ET and then reopen it.

But no play button and external players game console drop down list stays empty.

ps what console name do you use for a PS2 in the gamebrowser.xml and game.xml?

pps. How to get the different console system games shown in their own console folder. I have now all games together mixed.

Edited by xbmcgotham

xbmcgotham

Additional to the above problem. I have been adding a new rom collection named PS to the library and gamesbrowser. But for some reason it will not scrape any PS console or game information or display the game in the GUI.

I have the game in the following dir structure:

GAMES > PS > The X-Files > The X-Files.disk1.bin

GAMES > PS > The X-Files > The X-Files.disk2.bin

GAMES > PS > The X-Files > The X-Files.disk3.bin

GAMES > PS > The X-Files > The X-Files.disk4.bin

Even adding manually a game.xml and images will not show the game in the emby GUI. Anybody have an idea what the problem can be?

Thanks

hussain.fry

That's good news, how was this done?

Easy but it have limitation because i am try this in emby theater windows client so that i can enter one games command and there is NO xml file for emby as hyperspin that as i know if there xml file for games that will be nice .

As example you can see here :

You can using RocketLauncher.exe as emulator than

start cmd.exe /k start /d "E:\Rocket Launcher\" RocketLauncher.exe -s "PC" -r "Street Fighter X Tekken"  First command not wok

start cmd.exe /k C:\1.bat here work fine using bat file

You need to add "emby windows client " as frontend and apply it  in "RocketLauncherUI"

Next that you need to add database , if you using hyperspin before that mean you have database you can choose import existance database you have before , if not create new one and add your roms for your system games

I add bat file / but it most work without it but need someone to testing

The limitation that there is no xml file that i can add all games and can rocketluncher define or read it from emby windows client theaters

but finally it is good steps and it is work fine that mean you can run anything with out any error or lag

i have another thing if i using RocketLauncher.exe after i close game the interface for emby client not back but in the RocketLauncherUI it back fine .

sorry to make long story .. :)

Edited by hussain.fry

• 2 years later...

Speaking of Metadata, I've run into a bit of a problem with the way it handles theme videos. Probably a overlooked feature, but it does look really neat playing some gameplay in the background when you select a game. 

My library looks like this:

Emby
Home > Game Library > gc
Home > Game Library > wii
Home > Game Library > nds

Folders:
Games/gc/Spider-Man/Spider-Man.iso
Games/gc/Spider-Man/poster.png
Games/gc/Spider-Man/logo.png
Games/gc/Spider-Man/background.png
Games/gc/Spider-Man/theme.mp4
etc

All the images work as expected. They only apply to that one game, and other games in the library all have their own folder metadata. 

The theme.mp4 on the other hand seems to apply for the entire system library, not that specific game. 
That theme.mp4 video will play on all games in my gc library. Having unique theme.mp4 videos in all the other game folders doesn't help. Infact no matter what gc game you're looking at, all theme videos will play one after another. Wii and nds games don't display these videos. 

I have a feeling it's some hold over code from a different library type, probably expecting 1 less depth of folders (applying to the gc folder in this case).  Maybe code from the movies library?
Movies/Movie name/Backdrops/videos1.mp4
Movies/Movie name/Backdrops/videos2.mp4
etc

I have tried multiple naming conventions for the mp4. 
backdrop.mp4
Game name.mp4
Game name-theme.mp4
backdrops/Game name.mp4
giberrish.mp4

Name of the video or putting it in a backdrops subfolder doesn't matter, all videos play for all games.

Anyway it would be great if we can get it to limit theme videos (and presumably music too (havent tested)) to it's correct folder like the rest of the metadata. 

• 2 years later...
meganitro

Para eu poder entender, o gamebrowser necessita que tenha o emulador instalado no computador, as roms ficam no emby e cada emulador tem que ser configurado individualmente em cada computador para poder funcionar?