GameBrowser Setup

xbmcgotham

Okay. The first two screen shots are good.

The third, external player, I’ve had issue in the pass with that so I just switch to RetroArch. Try to work with that. This won’t cause the play button to not show up.

Now the fourth screen shot you have to change <gamesystem>Nintendo64<gamesystem>

To

<gamesystem>Nintendo 64<gamesystem>

Save it.

Then in the last screenshot it shows refresh metadata, click on that and it will give you options. Choose scan new data and update file then refresh. Close out ET and then reopen it. It should show the play button. As long you still have the external player in

xbmcgotham

Great, the space between made the difference. Thanks. The play button shows now. :)

Some questions related to the followup:

1. When clicking play, the project64 emulator popup-ed, however it gave a blank error. So I changed the parameter to {path}, which allowed it to go further without an error but it kept saying "Plugin initializing" en froze the window. So that is probably the same problem you had and changed to RetroArch?

2. Looking into RetroArch, I just wonder is this going to be working the same as the project64 emulator, in that it will be called upon when clicking the play button in emby theater?

3. To make RetroArch work, what did you fill out in the "external player section"? Can you share a screenshot?

4. When installing/configuration RetroArch, is it easy and straightforward? Or do you have a screenshot for me of the settings page to make it easier?

5. Is there any easier why to permanently change the space between Nintendo and 64 for all xml games files? I have a lot. :-)

6. is RetroArch a replacement for ScpToolkit? Or do I still need it.

Thanks again

update: fyi It seems that RetroArch is not going to be a solution as it cashes on startup. Tried different suggested options, but without any luck. Its frustrating to get this game console to work. :(Did you have the same problem?

Edited by xbmcgotham

I can’t remember exactly what peoject 64 did but it was frustrating.

Great! Yes I found a software that I can do a find and replace in the xml. You have to wait til tonight. So I can send you a link.

RetroArch will work flawless once it’s installes correctly. You can run many different platform with that on many different core. What does it say when it crashes? What windows are you running?

You still need scptoolkit. No need to setup controller. Unless you don’t like the configuration.

5. Is there any easier why to permanently change the space between Nintendo and 64 for all xml games files? I have a lot. :-)

Here's the link https://sourceforge.net/projects/findandreplace/

This what I use after I have all the files scraped and then I use it to find in folder. like look for xml for <gamesystem>Nintendo64<gamesystem> and replace with <gamesystem>Nintendo 64<gamesystem>

If you have the complete set, it should only take a few seconds or a couple mins depends how fast your pc is.

xbmcgotham

I can’t remember exactly what peoject 64 did but it was frustrating.

Great! Yes I found a software that I can do a find and replace in the xml. You have to wait til tonight. So I can send you a link.

RetroArch will work flawless once it’s installes correctly. You can run many different platform with that on many different core. What does it say when it crashes? What windows are you running?

You still need scptoolkit. No need to setup controller. Unless you don’t like the configuration.

Hi @@cash84, this is the message that is thrown:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    retroarch.exe

Application Version:    0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:    00000000

Fault Module Name:    StackHash_0a9e

Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    00000000

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    0a9e

Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3:    0a9e

Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I dried to change the config file (retroarch.default) on a few locations e.g

# Menu driver to use. "rgui", "lakka", etc.
# menu_driver = "rgui"

to

# Menu driver to use. "rgui", "lakka", etc.
menu_driver = "glui"

and tried

# Video driver to use. "gl", "xvideo", "sdl", "d3d"
# video_driver = "gl"

to

# Video driver to use. "gl", "xvideo", "sdl", "d3d"
video_driver = "gl"

as instructed here e.g. (https://forums.libretro.com/t/retroarch-keeps-crashing-on-windows-7-upon-startup/3018/8) but no change in behavior.

And the recommended DirectX 9 was also installed with RetroArch.

Hope you have found the solution before.

Edited by xbmcgotham

xbmcgotham

Here's the link https://sourceforge.net/projects/findandreplace/

This what I use after I have all the files scraped and then I use it to find in folder. like look for xml for <gamesystem>Nintendo64<gamesystem> and replace with <gamesystem>Nintendo 64<gamesystem>

If you have the complete set, it should only take a few seconds or a couple mins depends how fast your pc is.

Thanks for the tip

jachin99

Is anyone else having an issue where local game files are not being picked up by emby library scans but game files on remote shares are? I have switched from dolphin to retroarch and I still get an error message. To be clear, with emby and game browser both pointed to the same games network folder location I can see all of my games in EMC and I get a play button but an error message pops up when I hit play. I will provide logs in a separate thread if neccessary so that I'm not crowding things up here

jachin99

My games are in the following path: c:\Emulation\Games on the local machine but now that you bring it up, I'll have to make sure that is right.  I keep relearning this stuff, and getting too sidetracked to finish, sorry. 

Edited by jachin99

shaefurr

I'm updating the Gamebrowser guide as it was quite outdated. If you have any emulator arguments that are not listed (like for retroarch) please send me a PM with them so I can get them added.

Also if you have any troubleshooting tips, send me those as well and I'll add a new section for members having issues.

Guide is listed here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/16380-gamebrowser-guide/

xbmcgotham

@cash84

Good news. I was able to get RetroArch to startup without crashing. I found out that in some cases, microsoft will use its own default drivers for the video card instead of using the original once. Decided to reinstall the Nvidia video card driver using the nvidia's own updater tool. after this, reinstalled RetroArch again and it would start up. Good neuws and a tip for the game guide.

Just wondering if you could send me some screenshots of your retroarch config. I have already seen two Nintendo 64 cores available for install, not sure which to install and what the config needs to be to have emby use it correctly.

secondly please let me know what emulator arguments you have setup in the emby theater game config section.

Thanks again.

@cash84

Good news. I was able to get RetroArch to startup without crashing. I found out that in some cases, microsoft will use its own default drivers for the video card instead of using the original once. Decided to reinstall the Nvidia video card driver using the nvidia's own updater tool. after this, reinstalled RetroArch again and it would start up. Good neuws and a tip for the game guide.

Just wondering if you could send me some screenshots of your retroarch config. I have already seen two Nintendo 64 cores available for install, not sure which to install and what the config needs to be to have emby use it correctly.

secondly please let me know what emulator arguments you have setup in the emby theater game config section.

Thanks again.

Awesome! glad you could work out the issue. I only had issue of Directx9 dll file missing that was all. Okay, I attach the screen shot below how to set up. All you have to do is install whatever core and use that file path in the command argument. It's very simple.

5a69320fb6956_Screenshot10.png

Mupen64plus core works pretty good.

Edited by cash84

xbmcgotham

@cash84 Thanks again for the tips and screenshot, I got it to work. All working. :)

I do notice that their is a constant audio and video cracking.Its running on an AMD athlone 4450e dual core with 2Gb DDR2 which is getting to its limits. I guess adding some more DDR2 would solve this problem.

ps. where do I change the ps3 controller behavior in RetroArch?

Edited by xbmcgotham

xbmcgotham

@shaeffur

Hi, I received the BTD-400 dongle today. Installed it and tried to connect the Ds3. However, it could not find it.

Searched online, and came across the following video. Before going down this route, just checking with you if their is another easier way to connect them from your experience? Or do you recommend to follow the video?

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/35221031532668515/

CU

@shaeffur

Hi, I received the BTD-400 dongle today. Installed it and tried to connect the Ds3. However, it could not find it.

Searched online, and came across the following video. Before going down this route, just checking with you if their is another easier way to connect them from your experience? Or do you recommend to follow the video?

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/35221031532668515/

CU

Sorry, I haven't been on a while. Been super busy this past week and will be for a while. There are certain bluetooth dongle that are compatible with scptoolkit. There was a list but you have to do a google search. I just don't have time at the moment. You have to make sure the ps3 are connected with the cable at first to make sure it has the mac address.

May have to do a clean wipe too. Which will be in the scptoolkit also. You can get it to work, just gotta work the bugs. Windows 7 I had the most issues with. I have windows 10 now and seems to make a lot of things more easier. If you can upgrade to it, I'd do it.

@cash84 Thanks again for the tips and screenshot, I got it to work. All working. :)

I do notice that their is a constant audio and video cracking.Its running on an AMD athlone 4450e dual core with 2Gb DDR2 which is getting to its limits. I guess adding some more DDR2 would solve this problem.

ps. where do I change the ps3 controller behavior in RetroArch?

I had that too, I can't remember what I did to get rid of it. I only run Intel processors. AMD been junk for a lot of things IMO. Don't plan on running Dolphin Emulator with that.

You can go to settings, input, then user 1 binds to change your controller settings on retroarch

Frank Drebin

This is what im using since 2014 (before i used that awfull motioninjoy...). I made a translation :s from dutch to english. Read the readme!!!.txt file first.

https://mega.nz/#!pqo2wBZT!VNlixYT7L1pK3EgHSEzk5FsE-6AF_zxu_5yWMYZtnQQ

I never had any problems with it.

It takes one dongle for your scptoolkit so its impossible adding more bluetooth devices to that dongle.

My English really sucks so my apology (or is it apologies?:s.. oh well).

Edited by Frank Drebin
  • Like 1

xbmcgotham

Thanks guys for the support. Let me give you an update.

I first tried the technique suggested in https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/35221031532668515/ however for some reason the dongle would not show an address in the scpToolkit monitor. So I removed it and all scptoolkit program from PC. With reboots etc

Than I tried installing Naked-gun's package, but unfortunately I got lost in the re-rar steps. I do like to find out what you mend. maybe you can PM me in Dutch?

Lastly I reinstalled scptoolkit and selected only the the Bluetooth dongle and DS3 game pad within the Bluetooth section and checked force install. I already had the Xbox 360 driver installed before.

And after checking the scptoolkit monitor, it showed the DS3 connected by USB. When removing the USB cable, it suddenly picked up the DS3 by Bluetooth.  :) 

Deleting the scptoolkit completely and reinstalling seems to have done the trick.

So I finally got it to work thanks to all your help!!

xbmcgotham

I had that too, I can't remember what I did to get rid of it. I only run Intel processors. AMD been junk for a lot of things IMO. Don't plan on running Dolphin Emulator with that.

You can go to settings, input, then user 1 binds to change your controller settings on retroarch

@@cash84 Thanks for taking the time for me. :-)

Would love to get more information on what you did. Can you remember where you fiddled around with settings or what search words you used to find more information on the problem related to audio and video cracking?

The pixels also look very square, not sure if this is normal, but I think it is also related to some settings.

hussain.fry

can someone help me to solve this problem

also there is no guide how to play pc games in emby thread  many topics confuse me . <_<

xbmcgotham

Just a practical question.

If you have a PS3 and emby server computer next to each other and you want to play a game on the PS3, how can you easily prevent emby to be activated by the controller switching on without having to take out the Bluetooth dongle?

shaefurr

can someone help me to solve this problem

also there is no guide how to play pc games in emby thread  many topics confuse me . <_<

Windows games are not supported in Emby Theater. They will only work in Emby for Windows Media Center.

• Like 1