GameBrowser Setup

xbmcgotham

xbmcgotham

Hi,

Needs some advice. Installed the GameBrowser plugin. set the right paths and rescanned the library.

Games meta data and images are downloaded and displayed in the emby web browser. However, how do I start the game. in the dropdown "actions" menu of the game it doesn't show a play or run option, a download option is available, which only downloads the game file.

What am I missing??

Thanks

hi @@xbmcgotham, there's no support for launching games in the web app. You can setup games in Emby Theater for Windows by configuring an external player.

• Like 1

xbmcgotham

@@Luke

Aha, Now I get it. I was confused whenever I saw the reference to Theater to be the Cinema function. :-)

Just wondering do you know of a good universal game controller that would work with multiple game platforms on the emby server? I am totally new to emulator game consoles.

shaefurr

Thanks @@Luke, hope @@shaefurr knows. :-)

Most people use either an Xbox controller or Playstation controller.

Xbox 360/One controller needs an additional PC adapter, but there's really no setup after it's connected, windows has native support for those controllers.

Dualshock 4 needs a Bluetooth adapter, then needs either ds4windows, input mapper, or steam to map the buttons and such.

Personally I use a dualshock 4.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

xbmcgotham

@shaefurr Hi, thanks for your response!

You telling me that I can use my current PS3 controllers to connect to the windows pc and be able to play Nintendo 64 game? If yes, what do I need to buy to connect these controllers to the PC? :-)

shaefurr

@shaefurr Hi, thanks for your response!

You telling me that I can use my current PS3 controllers to connect to the windows pc and be able to play Nintendo 64 game? If yes, what do I need to buy to connect these controllers to the PC? :-)

Yeah of course, for ps3 controllers use this guide to get scbtoolkit drivers installed.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-connect-a-ps3-controller-to-a-pc/

If you have a cable you can just use that, if you want it wireless you need a Bluetooth adapter.

Once it's setup and working you can use it in any emulator, Wii, nes, n64, Genesis etc.

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

shaefurr

Wow, great to hear! Thanks for this. Will work on this now. :-)

Awesome, let me know if you run into any trouble and need help.

xbmcgotham

@shaefurr

Hi, I am almost there I guess. :-)

Have 2 questions for you.

I installed the emby theater and am now following your guide further and currently at the section that configures the player. You have two options, legacy skin or classic. I assume I have installed the standard/legacy?

When following the guide, I get the following response:

* select media type: game selected

* Player path: I set the location where the emulator was installed to. "C:\Program Files\Project64 2.3\Project64.exe" 

* and than click on "game system" drop down. It shows me a empty screen with only the wording "Game System:". Cant select anything else

So this is where I get stuck. Any experience with this?

Secondly, I was wondering if you know what PS3 dual shock 3 drivers I need to select to install. in the ScpToolkit driver install window, Under "Bluetooth Dongle" and "Dual Shock 3" you have al couple of options. When I select them all, my keyboard and mouse stop working even after reboot. So I like to just install the correct drivers in the hope the keyboard and mouse will not stop working. :-) 

Thanks

Edited by xbmcgotham

shaefurr

@shaefurr

Hi, I am almost there I guess. :-)

Have 2 questions for you.

I installed the emby theater and am now following your guide further and currently at the section that configures the player. You have two options, legacy skin or classic. I assume I have installed the standard/legacy?

When following the guide, I get the following response:

* select media type: game selected

* Player path: I set the location where the emulator was installed to. "C:\Program Files\Project64 2.3\Project64.exe"

* and than click on "game system" drop down. It shows me a empty screen with only the wording "Game System:". Cant select anything else

So this is where I get stuck. Any experience with this?

Secondly, I was wondering if you know what PS3 dual shock 3 drivers I need to select to install. in the ScpToolkit driver install window, Under "Bluetooth Dongle" and "Dual Shock 3" you have al couple of options. When I select them all, my keyboard and mouse stop working even after reboot. So I like to just install the correct drivers in the hope the keyboard and mouse will not stop working. :-)

Thanks

To the first question, yeah that seems to be a bug or something, if you go into emby theater settings, display, change display mode to desktop, then you will see options in the drop down for game systems. Here is the post where i ran into that issue.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52875-GameBrowser-Megadrive&do=findComment&comment=511092

As for the dualshock 3, I'm not sure off the top of my head, but I'll look when I get home in a few hours.

xbmcgotham

Thanks for your response, sorry that I had not seen that post before. :-)

I changed the display mode to desktop. however, I could not select anything. The behaviour did change, from opening a new page to keeping the drop down menu selected and noticing that something was trying to show itself by displaying a light green stripe under the drop down menu. Not sure if it can me manually added in the backend?

Thanks for checking your home config later on! 

CU later

shaefurr

I changed the display mode to desktop. however, I could not select anything. The behaviour did change, from opening a new page to keeping the drop down menu selected and noticing that something was trying to show itself by displaying a light green stripe under the drop down menu. Not sure if it can me manually added in the backend?

CU later

@@Luke any idea why the game systems aren't showing up here?

shaefurr

CU later

Yeah it seems I have this issue again as well. no game systems show up for external players, and I havn't touched this since it was working last time.

As for adding it manually, I looked into that before, but I couldn't figure out how, in the older MBT you could just edit the config.xml that was in the appdata folder, thats not the case in ET.

This issue has popped up a few times on the forums, haven't seen a fix yet though. In my case switching to desktop view worked the first time, in another someone said renewing their IP address worked. Think you might just have to wait until Luke or someone can look into this.

shaefurr

@shaefurr

Thanks

Yeah scptoolkit can be a pita, if you install all the drivers is will overwrite any usb devices plugged in, like the keyboard and mouse.

When you are installing the drivers , you want to only pick your controller and nothing else. It will look something like this.

5a5f789032803_scpscreen2.jpg

xbmcgotham

Yeah it seems I have this issue again as well. no game systems show up for external players, and I havn't touched this since it was working last time.

As for adding it manually, I looked into that before, but I couldn't figure out how, in the older MBT you could just edit the config.xml that was in the appdata folder, thats not the case in ET.

This issue has popped up a few times on the forums, haven't seen a fix yet though. In my case switching to desktop view worked the first time, in another someone said renewing their IP address worked. Think you might just have to wait until Luke or someone can look into this.

Sorry to hear you have the same problem. hopefully @@Luke can let us know if he has the same problem. Maybe its an easy enough fix? Maybe the values can be shown directly as checkboxes instead of drop down menu like with the video config page. :-)

xbmcgotham

Yeah scptoolkit can be a pita, if you install all the drivers is will overwrite any usb devices plugged in, like the keyboard and mouse.

When you are installing the drivers , you want to only pick your controller and nothing else. It will look something like this.

5a5f789032803_scpscreen2.jpg

ahh, thank you, so you would need to have the controller connected by usb before running this tool? 

As my computer will be to far away for a direct cable connection, could you also advice me on the blue tooth dongle you have for your ps3 controller? Maybe an amazon link to it?

Will I need to buy a dongle for each controller or can one dongle do multiple controllers?

Would I also need to install any other drivers for this new dongle on ScpToolkit?

Thanks again

Edited by xbmcgotham

shaefurr

ahh, thank you, so you would need to have the controller connected by usb before running this tool? 

As my computer will be to far away for a direct cable connection, could you also advice me on the blue tooth dongle you have for your ps3 controller? Maybe an amazon link to it?

Will I need to buy a dongle for each controller or can one dongle do multiple controllers?

Would I also need to install any other drivers for this new dongle on ScpToolkit?

Thanks again

I use a dualshock 4, steam has native support for it, so its basically a 1 click setup unlike a ps3 controller.

any bluetooth adapter should work fine, I use this one: https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1516210066&sr=8-8&keywords=bluetooth+4.0+adapter

but yeah for a ps3 you would have to install the bluetooth drivers from scptoolkit after you get it.

If you have the cash sometime id highly recommend you pick up a dualshock 4, theyre far superior. I like the layout more than xbox controllers, but thats personal preference, the touchpad is a nice addition though, dont have to grab my mouse all the time for menus and such in some games. Or if you like xbox controllers, those are just plugin n play, no setup needed, just plug in the wireless adapter, pair the controller and youre done.

Edited by shaefurr

xbmcgotham

I use a dualshock 4, steam has native support for it, so its basically a 1 click setup unlike a ps3 controller.

any bluetooth adapter should work fine, I use this one: https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1516210066&sr=8-8&keywords=bluetooth+4.0+adapter

but yeah for a ps3 you would have to install the bluetooth drivers from scptoolkit after you get it.

If you have the cash sometime id highly recommend you pick up a dualshock 4, theyre far superior. I like the layout more than xbox controllers, but thats personal preference, the touchpad is a nice addition though, dont have to grab my mouse all the time for menus and such in some games. Or if you like xbox controllers, those are just plugin n play, no setup needed, just plug in the wireless adapter, pair the controller and youre done.

Thanks for the tip. I will have a look at the dongle. Will go for this at the moment just as I have a couple ps3 controllers laying around. ;-)

I could not find it clearly in the amazon description, but can I use one dongle for 2-4 ps3 controllers at the same time? Or need to get one for each controller?

By the way the ScpToolkit is buggy. After installing the ps3 driver, the profile config window won't open anymore it crashes the whole program. I also saw that the developers have had this issue reported a while back, but not very active with providing solutions. You guys are much better. Hope this issue will not stop me from using the game system successfully. :-)

What about using (http://betterds3.ciebiera.net)? Have you tried this before?

Edited by xbmcgotham

shaefurr

Thanks for the tip. I will have a look at the dongle. Will go for this at the moment just as I have a couple ps3 controllers laying around. ;-)

I could not find it clearly in the amazon description, but can I use one dongle for 2-4 ps3 controllers at the same time? Or need to get one for each controller?

By the way the ScpToolkit is buggy. After installing the ps3 driver, the profile config window won't open anymore it crashes the whole program. I also saw that the developers have had this issue reported a while back, but not very active with providing solutions. You guys are much better. Hope this issue will not stop me from using the game system successfully. :-)

What about using (http://betterds3.ciebiera.net)? Have you tried this before?

I can do all 4 of my DS4s on 1 dongle, I haven't tried DS3s, but I'd assume it's the same.

Yeah if scbtoolkit is being stupid I'd just use something else, plenty of other software out there, I haven't tried that app, and there is also Playstation now, you just need to install it for the drivers, you don't need to open the app or pay the monthly subscription or anything. Just install, make sure controller works, then uninstall it, or so I've read.

DS3 software:

Better DS3

DS3 Tool

Motioninjoy

Playstation Now

Edited by shaefurr

xbmcgotham

Thanks for the additional information and tips. I will have a look.

Update: The PS3 is now shown and I was able to make it work by installing the motioninjoy software (for the driver) without installing any additional drivers with the ScpToolkit. Only thing left is to figure out how to config the PS3 and have Emby Theater bug fixed. :-)

It's not really an Emby Theater bug. It's depending on a GameSystem metadata value that isn't there. I think there are some aspects of games that need a bit of an overhaul.

xbmcgotham

@@Luke That is good news, than we might be able to resolve this problem manually by comparing the meta files and replacing or adding missing files. Would be great if you can let me know what files you like to see as I really like to finalise this emby server installation. :-)

We can also do a team viewer session if that makes it easier for you.