Problems changing audio tracks

Primetime

Primetime

Sent a log through the app.3.0.54
11:18 am
Server name: Primetime
User: Emby

Process used: Started playing Vid in 5.1.Changed audio track to aac 2 channel.Vid reloads and is playing in 2 chan..success...wait 1 minute.Try to change back to 5.1 dts track..Click 5.1 track, nothing happens.Wait 1 minute to see if its going to change.No change.Exit app.

Primetime

Luke just retested and the ffmpeg log ended the same way when i switched from 5.1 back to aac.it switched on the fly..the problem now is its not letting switch back to 5.1.I select 5.1 and shows it as checked but that is all that happens.Backing out and going back to main title screen sometimes allows it to go back to 5.1 ( i can see it change were all this info is located) (pg-13 1080p cc dts 5.1 ) then i hit resume and gos back to playing in 5.1 and sometimes still still plays in aac stereo even thou it displays as 5.1,Hit or miss it seems.Sometimes i go back to main screen even thou 5.1 is checked i will see (pg-13 1080p cc aac stereo) During all this the emby dashboard is close to this tv so i can clearly know if its direct playing or direct streaming (in dts) .When in dts it sometimes has problems switching to acc but that happens less often it seems..Basically have to keep backing out and going back in until it decides to change lol.Hope this info helps as i really like emby and would love to see everything working properly.On a side note not related the subs turning off and on work perfectly for me in the emby app.In emby beta both subs and audio has same issue with switching.

Edited by Primetime

I'm pretty sure the issue is in the app.  It thinks it can switch the audio track without restarting the player in that second instance but it can't.  I'll have to test that out and get it fixed.

However, since we always play the last selected track and this problem only occurs when switching once and then back again and also only when having to switch between transcoding and direct streaming, its impact in actual use should be quite limited.

Primetime

Thanks ebr, now i know there is no need to re-install the server.True its a minor annoyance but will still be glad when its fixed.I did find a work around in the meantime..if i wanna switch to 5.1 i do it on server now and it changes it in app lol

Edited by Primetime

Primetime

The subs are working perfect now in .63.Still having problems with audio tracks.The subs previously were not working correct for me in beta but were and are still working good in .54 (subs).So some progress.Progress is good.Thanks for your efforts.

The subs are working perfect now in .63.Still having problems with audio tracks.The subs previously were not working correct for me in beta but were and are still working good in .54 (subs).So some progress.Progress is good.Thanks for your efforts.

Exactly what problems with audio tracks...?

Primetime

Start playing file in aac.Wait 30 seconds click change track to 5.1.Wait  about a minute .Nothing happens.No reload of player.Click on icon again to check and says 5.1 (is still checked).Hit back and go back to main page see it switch on main page to 5.1.Hit play now its playing in dts.Wait 2 minutes or so.Click change to aac ..reloads instantly now in aac.Wait 2 minutes click 5.1 ..nothing happens.Check dts is still checked.File is playing and says its playing in aac.Dashboard says direct playing (aac) Hit back and go back to main page see it switch on main page to 5.1.Hit play now its playing in dts.Wait a bit click aac..Reloads instantly.But now instead of switching to aac dashboard says its still direct streaming.Hope info helps.

I was testing on roku 3 so i said hmmm why not try the ultra..on the ultra i had 0 problems switching from dts to aac..player reloads every time.I could not get the ultra to switch at all from aac to dts (player never reloads) without backing out to main title screen.When i back out which stops the movie from playing then i see it switch to dts.Resuming at that point it plays in dts and lights up surround receiver.Seems like the 3 and the ultra is doing basically the same

Edited by Primetime

• 2 weeks later...
Primetime

I know you guys have plenty to do but r you still looking into this or is it a problem that seems to be affecting me only?

Primetime

Yes both the roku 3 and roku ultra is using emby beta 3.0.64..and only issue left is switching audio tracks.Everything else works to perfection.

I guess I'm going to need to get a sample file from you that has this problem because I can no longer reproduce it.  If you can PM me a dropbox or other link.  Thanks.

Primetime

sure i could share a sample file with you if ya like but it does it on all files that have 2 audio tracks.I do not think its a file problem.

sure i could share a sample file with you if ya like but it does it on all files that have 2 audio tracks.I do not think its a file problem.

Since it doesn't happen on any of mine (and no one else is jumping in) I think it is related to the items in some way.  Not necessarily that there is a problem with them but that the particular characteristics of them are different.

So, please share if you can.  Thanks.

Primetime

ebr think i am slowly finding more info out...not sure if i have 100% solution yet but here is what i have done.I was getting a test file ready to upload.I ran it through handbrake to make a aac 2 channel track to go with the existing ac3 5.1 track.Just when i was ready to upload it for you i decided to test it.It switched tracks perfectly with emby.Then i decided to do what i always do.I ran same .mp4 through mkvtoolnix and switched all the undetermined tracks to English which also converted the mp4 to mkv.No other changes.Loaded file back up to test and its broke again.Mkvtoolnix is breaking the function in emby for some odd reason.So now i am wondering is it a .mkv problem vs a mp4 problem..will test that very soon.

Primetime

no clue why but so far i have found switching audio tracks work fine on roku 3 when container is mp4...if its .mkv when i click dts i get 0 response..also for it to function correctly as it was trying to transcode aac 2 chan, i had to switch the tracks around...with aac as 1st audio and dts as 2nd.No blame on mkvtoolnix as even if i use ffmpeg to switch containers mkv still has problems for me.

Edited by Primetime

• 2 weeks later...
Primetime

I also discovered this.At least its this way for me.If i am running a aac and a Dolby Digital 5.1 track for them to switch proper they have to be in a .mkv :)

I also discovered this.At least its this way for me.If i am running a aac and a Dolby Digital 5.1 track for them to switch proper they have to be in a .mkv :)

Have you tried the beta version?