Cinema Mode Trailers Don't Play

Spaceboy

I think what's happening is that your local trailers are a closer match for what you're watching than the internet trailers. It ranks them first on similarity, then randomizes after that. I think your local trailers are scoring higher and that's why the internet trailers don't get used. So I guess we could just go ahead and randomize them altogether, although this may lead to some complaints that the trailer that's chosen doesn't relate very well to what you're watching.

Happy2Play

I think what's happening is that your local trailers are a closer match for what you're watching than the internet trailers. It ranks them first on similarity, then randomizes after that. I think your local trailers are scoring higher and that's why the internet trailers don't get used. So I guess we could just go ahead and randomize them altogether, although this may lead to some complaints that the trailer that's chosen doesn't relate very well to what you're watching.

Will test a setup with no local trailers, but suspect that no internet trailers will play at all.

Confirmed if no local trailers exist, no trailers is played for Cinema Mode.  Online trailers are present in Movies-Trailer tab and Trailers-New and Upcoming in Theaters

So if I clicked play on Black Panther PG-13 with Science Fiction, Fantasy, Adventure, and Action genres, should I not get a trailer like Captain America PG-13 with Science Fiction, Adventure, and Action genres?

Edited by Happy2Play

dave90

I just subscribed to emby premiere and had to figure out that automatic trailer playback via cinema mode is not working :( 
My settings should be correct (same like in this thread) and the trailers media section is also generated and filled up with a huge amount of trailers. I can playback these trailers manually. The playback of custom intros is also working. But no trailers are shown before the movie, even if I uncheck all filters and check all possible trailers, there is no error the movie just starts right off.

My logg after a fresh restart and playing a movie afterwards is attached, I can't find any messages belonging to cinema mode or trailers...

Edited by dave90

mcarrosquilla

I'm sorry to report that I am still having issues.  Regardless of what video I play, it jumps straight to my pre-roll video.  I have ensured updates to the server, cinema plugin, and trailer plugins have all been completed.  In addition, I did full metadata refresh on my movie library.  I get the same results as others here. 

I'm running the x86 version on a QNAP appliance.

markpeo

Whats the thinking here @@Luke, is there some specific file type/scenario you would like us to try?

Seems like you have it working in your setup, what settings do you have set? Maybe we can replicate.

What genres does the movie have?

What did you play and what metadata does it have? What parental controls does the user playing have?

Happy2Play

This appears resolved working in beta server 4.2.0.1.  But the Cinema mode settings are not honored (only Include trailers from new and upcoming movies enabled), archived trailer are being used (thought I had them disabled).  Will test some more.

BlazedMonkey

Just updated to Trailers v.1.2.2 and Cinema Mode v.1.0.14, still not playing any internet trailers before the pre-roll.  I don't have any local trailers, so I don't know if those would play or not.

Edited by BlazedMonkey

This appears resolved working in beta server 4.2.0.1.  But the Cinema mode settings are not honored (only Include trailers from new and upcoming movies enabled), archived trailer are being used (thought I had them disabled).  Will test some more.

We'll be back-porting this into a 4.1.1 server release. Thanks guys.

ggibson793

Installed new update for Cinema Mode plugin and Trailers plugin, restarted server, still not working

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

mgworek

4.2.0.1 with updated plugins and Cinema Mode is working again fo me. I am getting trailers before movies again!

I have had this problem for some time as well, it use to work then stopped working, can't remember when though. Just installed 4.2.0.1 beta and Cinema Mode is working again, I will test it some more and see how it goes...:)

markpeo

Some feedback from me.

So, im still running version 4.1.0.26 of emby server (unraid docker, offical emby repo) , cinema mode & trailer plugins have auto-updated to 1.0.14.0 & 1.2.2.0 respectively and Cinema mode appears to be improved. Trailers are playing, custom intros are playing but codec intos are not. All tested using web app, andoid app and kodi app.

One thing in Kodi is that I have to select a source for each trailer, just get some arbitrary hex codes to select from.

BlazedMonkey

updated to server v.4.1.1.0 today, finally getting internet trailers playing properly now before the pre-roll and feature.  I don't have local trailers to test with, so I can't comment on that.

Thanks for getting this working :)

ggibson793

I can confirm that Cinema Mode is now working as expected on Emby server 4.1.1.0 on Windows 10 Pro

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Ice

updated to server v.4.1.1.0 today, finally getting internet trailers playing properly now before the pre-roll and feature.  I don't have local trailers to test with, so I can't comment on that.

Thanks for getting this working :)

Same here all good

• 3 weeks later...
hstamas

Still not working on a Mac server running v4.1.1.0

@@Luke is there a beta release that the Mac hasn’t gotten yet that fixes this?

I’d reall like to try out this feature.

Still not working on a Mac server running v4.1.1.0

@@Luke is there a beta release that the Mac hasn’t gotten yet that fixes this?

I’d reall like to try out this feature.

Hi there, it works just fine in the 4.1.1 release. Please see how to report a problem. Thanks !

hstamas

Here you go @@Luke. Screen shots showing that everything is enabled and log attached.

Any chance to look at this @@Luke? I’m helping another member troubleshoot a community developed plugin but can’t do anything until I can get cinema mode working on my system.

Edited by hstamas

hstamas

Originally posted this as a reply in an older Web App thread with no response so I thought I would repost in this more appropriate section.

As the title say, I cannot seem to get pre-movie trailers to play when enabling cinema mode. As far as I can tell I have everything set up correctly. The only thing I notice is that for the trailers, I did not get a trailer library auto generated. I seem to remember a long time ago when playing with the trailer plugin a library being created?? I could be remembering something different.

Screen shots of my configuration and log attached.

Thanks

Log.txt

post-45887-0-68152300-1558447494_thumb.jpeg

post-45887-0-65305800-1558447500_thumb.jpeg

post-45887-0-72001900-1558447506_thumb.jpeg

Edited by hstamas