55 replies to this topic

#41 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124353 posts
  • Local time: 06:38 PM

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:38 PM

Can you please go over an example? thanks.

#42 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 13828 posts
  • Local time: 03:38 PM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:17 PM

Can you please go over an example? thanks.

What information would you like?  As having the option enabled and hitting play provides local trailers if available and if none are then the item plays directly.

#43 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124353 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

What did you play and what metadata does it have? What parental controls does the user playing have?

#44 abescalamis OFFLINE  

abescalamis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

No trailer plays before a Movie, I tried all the settings, I restarted uninstalled an reinstalled cinema mode, I also left the plugin settings as default after reinstalling the plugin.

Please do not confuse the fact that cinema mode doesn't work with trailers.

Trailers play fine, its just that when I play a movie no trailer plays.

Also, I don't have local trailers nor use that option on the cinema mode plug-in setting

It didn't work on 4.0 neither.

Edited by abescalamis, 20 April 2019 - 06:03 PM.

#45 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 13828 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

What did you play and what metadata does it have? What parental controls does the user playing have?

Slight change in v1.0.13.0 as it now plays the same trailers (local trailers) for a item.

Example
5cbb918480abb_movie.jpg

first trailer (local)
5cbb91a9660ab_t1.jpg
second trailer (local)
5cbb91c826cf6_t2.jpg

Now every time I hit play on that item those two same trailers play.  Only local trailers are being used in Cinema mode for me.  Nothing ever comes from the Trailers Plugin. "Include trailers from movies in my library" is not enabled.

5cbb93a30b86a_cm.jpg

#46 BlazedMonkey OFFLINE  

BlazedMonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Local time: 05:38 PM

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:03 PM

What did you play:  Literally any movie in my library

What metadata does it have:  The standard metadata that emby creates for the movie

What parental controls does the user playing have:  No restrictions on anything.  I've tried from both an admin account and a regular user account, it makes no difference.

Here is the most recent one I tried for the movie The Happening (2008):

metadata - https://imgur.com/a/iDXNcME

parental controls - https://imgur.com/LG8VuF1

cinema mode settings - https://imgur.com/a/CVpiw0I

trailers settings  - https://imgur.com/zQa6Gtr

I click play on the movie, goes right to one of my pre-rolls, then plays the movie.  No trailer is played before the pre-roll, ever.

#47 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124353 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:45 PM

What genres does the movie have?

#48 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 13828 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:58 PM

What did you play:  Literally any movie in my library

What metadata does it have:  The standard metadata that emby creates for the movie

What parental controls does the user playing have:  No restrictions on anything.  I've tried from both an admin account and a regular user account, it makes no difference.

Here is the most recent one I tried for the movie The Happening (2008):

metadata - https://imgur.com/a/iDXNcME

parental controls - https://imgur.com/LG8VuF1

cinema mode settings - https://imgur.com/a/CVpiw0I

trailers settings  - https://imgur.com/zQa6Gtr

I click play on the movie, goes right to one of my pre-rolls, then plays the movie.  No trailer is played before the pre-roll, ever.

Your metadata image would appear to be from the item folder and not from the media itself.  Depending on settings Metadata Manager presents folder structure.

Edited by Happy2Play, 20 April 2019 - 06:58 PM.

• BlazedMonkey likes this

#49 BlazedMonkey OFFLINE  

BlazedMonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:59 PM

sorry, here is the FULL metadata, didn't realize clicking on the movie inside the folder in the metadata manager gave more info:

https://imgur.com/a/946w1gg

Genre's:  Sci-fi and Thriller

#50 BlazedMonkey OFFLINE  

BlazedMonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:00 PM

Your metadata image would appear to be from the item folder and not from the media itself.  Depending on settings Metadata Manager presents folder structure.

yup, just realized that, posted in previous reply

#51 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124353 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:54 PM

I think what's happening is that your local trailers are a closer match for what you're watching than the internet trailers. It ranks them first on similarity, then randomizes after that. I think your local trailers are scoring higher and that's why the internet trailers don't get used. So I guess we could just go ahead and randomize them altogether, although this may lead to some complaints that the trailer that's chosen doesn't relate very well to what you're watching.

#52 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 13828 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:07 PM

I think what's happening is that your local trailers are a closer match for what you're watching than the internet trailers. It ranks them first on similarity, then randomizes after that. I think your local trailers are scoring higher and that's why the internet trailers don't get used. So I guess we could just go ahead and randomize them altogether, although this may lead to some complaints that the trailer that's chosen doesn't relate very well to what you're watching.

Will test a setup with no local trailers, but suspect that no internet trailers will play at all.

Confirmed if no local trailers exist, no trailers is played for Cinema Mode.  Online trailers are present in Movies-Trailer tab and Trailers-New and Upcoming in Theaters

So if I clicked play on Black Panther PG-13 with Science Fiction, Fantasy, Adventure, and Action genres, should I not get a trailer like Captain America PG-13 with Science Fiction, Adventure, and Action genres?

Edited by Happy2Play, 20 April 2019 - 09:25 PM.

#53 dave90 OFFLINE  

dave90

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 12:38 AM

Posted Today, 05:14 AM

I just subscribed to emby premiere and had to figure out that automatic trailer playback via cinema mode is not working :( 
My settings should be correct (same like in this thread) and the trailers media section is also generated and filled up with a huge amount of trailers. I can playback these trailers manually. The playback of custom intros is also working. But no trailers are shown before the movie, even if I uncheck all filters and check all possible trailers, there is no error the movie just starts right off.

My logg after a fresh restart and playing a movie afterwards is attached, I can't find any messages belonging to cinema mode or trailers...

Edited by dave90, Today, 05:14 AM.

#54 mcarrosquilla OFFLINE  

mcarrosquilla

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted Today, 12:00 PM

I'm sorry to report that I am still having issues.  Regardless of what video I play, it jumps straight to my pre-roll video.  I have ensured updates to the server, cinema plugin, and trailer plugins have all been completed.  In addition, I did full metadata refresh on my movie library.  I get the same results as others here. 

I'm running the x86 version on a QNAP appliance.

#55 markpeo OFFLINE  

markpeo

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 04:38 PM

Posted Today, 05:42 PM

Whats the thinking here @Luke, is there some specific file type/scenario you would like us to try?

Seems like you have it working in your setup, what settings do you have set? Maybe we can replicate.

#56 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 13828 posts

Posted Today, 05:49 PM

This appears resolved working in beta server 4.2.0.1.  But the Cinema mode settings are not honored (only Include trailers from new and upcoming movies enabled), archived trailer are being used (thought I had them disabled).  Will test some more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users