Maximum Schedules direct lineups

Robert X. Gonzalez
Go to solution Solved by garyan2,

Robert X. Gonzalez

I recently added an additional antenna to receive a different Designated Market area (DMA). I successfully added a 2nd Schedules direct and now enjoying additional stations.  I wanted to add a third schedules direct BUT received the following error:

"There was an error adding the lineup to your Schedules Direct account. Schedules Direct only allows a limited number of lineups per account. You may need to log into the Schedules Direct website and remove others listings from your account before proceeding."

I put in a ticket with Schedules direct and they advised me what I thought as well:

On the JSON service, lineup manipulation is through the API. Whatever application you used to add the lineup should have a corresponding "Delete" function.

Is there a limit to how many schedules direct Emby will allow?  Schedules direct informed me I can use up to four per account.

Hi, your Schedules direct account can only have four lineups. We haven't implemented Schedules Direct lineup management yet, but you can download a tool such as Epg Collector to manage your schedules direct account, and then if you remove lineups from your account, you'll then be able to add them in Emby.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Robert X. Gonzalez

Sir, I only have TWO (2) lineups, both schedules direct but it says I have to reduce to add another lineup.  Schedules direct Tech support informs me that adding/deleting is done via Emby as using JSON...not sure what all that means, but I have only two zip codes in Emby.  I will look at teh Epg collector you mentioned.

Robert

SHSPVR

Sir, I only have TWO (2) lineups, both schedules direct but it says I have to reduce to add another lineup.  Schedules direct Tech support informs me that adding/deleting is done via Emby as using JSON...not sure what all that means, but I have only two zip codes in Emby.  I will look at teh Epg collector you mentioned.

Robert

How min are listed in your account on schedules direct click on the Report Lineup Problems

I had a similar issue yesterday. I used the api to list the lineups. I then discovered satellite lineups on my account that I did not add. I simply deleted those and was able to add what I needed. There is a 4 lineup limit on their website.

• 2 weeks later...
Robert X. Gonzalez

How did you delete?  When I go to Schedules direct, I have ZERO linue ups under "Schedules Direct account overview".  I used to be stationed in Georgia and have a couple of Georgia Georgia line ups reported with issues under: "Report a Lineup Problem", but I do not see ANY way to delete these.  When I reported this to the Schedules direct folks, they responded:  "On the JSON service, lineup manipulation is through the API. Whatever application you used to add the lineup should have a corresponding "Delete" function." and he also said:  "

That's an Emby bug. Emby uses the JSON service, which is manipulated through an API, not our website. Bug #1: saying that you need to delete the lineup using our website. That's only for the XML service, and Emby doesn't use it. Bug #2: Emby doesn't let you delete lineups on the JSON service."

I see no way to delete any lineup other than in the Direct Account Overview and right now have none and still am not able to add a third.

What I reported to them is quote:

There was an error adding the lineup to your Schedules Direct account. Schedules Direct only allows a limited number of lineups per account. You may need to log into the Schedules Direct website and remove others listings from your account before proceeding.

I notice under "Report a Lineup Problem that the following show up:

Please select the affected lineup below.

Select    Zip Code              Location               Name    Type

78363    unknown, US     unknown - Antenna       LocalBroadcast

USA       USA-OTA-30253                SD-JSON

USA       USA-OTA-31903                SD-JSON

USA       USA-OTA-78363                SD-JSON

USA       USA-OTA-78580                SD-JSON

Other (please specify below)

This is what prompted me to ask the removal of 30253 and 31903 (Georgia)

I will query the Emby folks on the error detailed above.

I have only two lineups in EMBY.  Where did you delete?

Robert X. Gonzalez

Hi, your Schedules direct account can only have four lineups. We haven't implemented Schedules Direct lineup management yet, but you can download a tool such as Epg Collector to manage your schedules direct account, and then if you remove lineups from your account, you'll then be able to add them in Emby.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Sir, just realized you also responded.  Can you give me a link to suggested collector? 

SHSPVR

Download SageTV you also do this in NextPVR to as long as it can see at lease one compatible tuner

Robert X. Gonzalez

EPG123 worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was still trying to figure out epgcollector, comprehensive and lots of instructions and all I wanted was a quick and dirty to remove the surplus lineups.  EPG123 was easy, and in two minutes removed the two Georiga lineups I had when I was stationed in the Atlanta Area.  Wow... thank you and to all in the Emby Community.  Together we figure it out so we all continue to enjoy a great Emby program!  Thank you!

Robert

• 1 year later...

I don't know what epgcollector's interface looks like, but EPG123 will work as well to add/remove lineups from your Schedules Direct JSON account. http://epg123.garyan2.net

You are the MVP yo..... this is exactly what I needed to get it working for me.  Thank you!!!!

Happy2Play

Response from Reports

I'll give it a shot, I've been using Schedules Direct for the longest.

Please ensure to hit Quote instead of Report.

Edited by Happy2Play

Spaceboy

Please note if you're in the USA or UK you'll be better off using the Emby Guide Data option.

thats not correct. What you mean to say is that if you are only using uk or us channels then the free emby guide data is no worse than SD.

thats not correct. What you mean to say is that if you are only using uk or us channels then the free emby guide data is no worse than SD.

Actually, I have to go with him on this one.  Schedules Direct doesn't pull the metadata for the NBA League Pass.  The guide for Emby pulled down some nice looking posters.  I'm veering off Schedules Direct and going with the Emby guide right now.

Great job!