No games listed. Games category missing

TrainAss
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

TrainAss

So I noticed that GameBrowser updated today (2.9.5184.24602), server is version 3.0.5171.19958 and MediaBrowser Theater is version 3.0.5168.25066. Since the update, my games category is completely missing. I've removed and re-added the plugin, as well as completely reconfigured the consoles, but nothing is listed (I'm having Final Fantasy IX withdrawals). I checked the server logs, and found this.

2014-03-12 21:11:05.0068 Error - App: Error in GameResolver resolving \\RIVENDELL\Games\Sony Playstation\Spyro The Dragon

Method not found: 'Void MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Game.set_IsPlaceHolder(Boolean)'.
System.MissingMethodException
  at GameBrowser.Resolvers.GameResolver.GetGame(ItemResolveArgs args, String consoleType)
  at GameBrowser.Resolvers.GameResolver.Resolve(ItemResolveArgs args)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Resolvers.ItemResolver`1.MediaBrowser.Controller.Resolvers.IItemResolver.ResolvePath(ItemResolveArgs args)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.<>c__DisplayClass3a.<ResolveItem>b__37(IItemResolver r)

The log is filled with similar errors for all of my games (i can post the entire log if necessary).

Any assistance would be super appreciated!

Redshirt

Doh. I'm not seeing that so I'm thinking the new update requires a newer version of server than you have installed. I'd go into the plugin catalog and reinstall GB but select the version prior to 3.0.5184.

TrainAss

Doh. I'm not seeing that so I'm thinking the new update requires a newer version of server than you have installed. I'd go into the plugin catalog and reinstall GB but select the version prior to 3.0.5184.

I've got my server update set to Beta (I used to have it on Dev but I'm not that adventurous). What's the latest version of the server (is there anywhere on the forums to find the changelog for the latest release and beta versions?). If I remove and install the prior version, will I have to reconfigure?

• Solution
Redshirt

The latest version of server on the dev level is 3.0.5183. I misspoke above, you should downgrade to a version prior to 2.9.5184. There isn't really a changelog for GB right now. You won't need to reconfigure because the settings file format hasn't changed.

• Like 1

TrainAss

The latest version of server on the dev level is 3.0.5183. I misspoke above, you should downgrade to a version prior to 2.9.5184. There isn't really a changelog for GB right now. You won't need to reconfigure because the settings file format hasn't changed.

You're awesome. Super-awesome. I wish I could give you more than a "Like this". Thanks for the help eh.

I too am having the same problem as the OP. Driving me nuts for 3 1/2 hours. This was my first time installing this plugin and I though it was something I was doing wrong. Hoping down grading will work.

Yes that is my fault. I pushed the GB update marked against the release server when I should not have. Sorry, it was my mistake. I forgot there were other new things in there. So those users should remove GB and reinstall from the catalog, then wait for this issue to be fixed with the next server release.

• Like 1

Redshirt

You're awesome. Super-awesome. I wish I could give you more than a "Like this". Thanks for the help eh.

Thanks. If you'd said FF-VIII I might have left you hanging (jk), but FF-IX is a load of fun.

TrainAss

I too am having the same problem as the OP. Driving me nuts for 3 1/2 hours. This was my first time installing this plugin and I though it was something I was doing wrong. Hoping down grading will work.

Worked for me. Everything's back. Just don't let it update.

Redshirt

Yes that is my fault. I pushed the GB update marked against the release server when I should not have. Sorry, it was my mistake. I forgot there were other new things in there. So those users should remove GB and reinstall from the catalog, then wait for this issue to be fixed with the next server release.

I'm not complaining cause your helping me out big time :D

I've fixed the required server version of the update to hopefully prevent more people from getting it.

Redshirt

Can you please correct the server version Luke. I'm honestly not sure when the place holder stuff when in. Nevermind. :) 

Edited by Redshirt

TrainAss

Hey, we're all human. It's not like my server melted and I needed to rebuild from scratch. I honestly absolutely love MediaBrowser and everything you guys are doing (I just wish I could help somehow). I always tell people about it, and show them my setup, and have actually converted a few people from XBMC and Plex over to MB.

Redshirt

I always tell people about it, and show them my setup, and have actually converted a few people from XBMC and Plex over to MB.

That helps us big time, sometimes they tell someone and then those people tell someone.

Hey, we're all human. It's not like my server melted and I needed to rebuild from scratch. I honestly absolutely love MediaBrowser and everything you guys are doing (I just wish I could help somehow). I always tell people about it, and show them my setup, and have actually converted a few people from XBMC and Plex over to MB.

Awesome, thanks. And the great thing about Xbmc is you don't necessarily have to try to convert them because there are lots of great ways they can be used together.