[Solved] - Show Missing Episodes

PenkethBoy
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

PenkethBoy

[server 3.2.60.0 - web client]

Just turned this feature on and although i can see in the logs that

2018-01-12 20:55:15.473 Info App: Creating virtual missing episode NCIS: New Orleans 1x11
2018-01-12 20:55:15.491 Info App: Creating virtual missing episode NCIS: New Orleans 1x13
2018-01-12 20:55:15.508 Info App: Creating virtual missing episode NCIS: New Orleans 1x14
2018-01-12 20:55:15.537 Info App: Creating virtual missing episode NCIS: New Orleans 1x15

things happen - unfortunately they are not being displayed at the season level as i expected.

5a592b7ba53dc_Capture.jpg

I have run the library scan a few times but it does not appear to change things.

This is not for just one series but several - so not isolated to NCIS: New Orleans

From a search of the forum it appears this feature has come and gone a few times - so is this working for others on the stable server?

Edited by PenkethBoy

Your series needs to be perfectly tagged with all episodes and seasons having season and episode numbers. If this is not true for even a single episode, then we'll skip the feature in order to avoid possible duplicates.

PenkethBoy

yes they are correctly numbered and named ( i have added episodes 13 to 18 since the original post) - episode 11 still does not show

5a592e6dc0903_Capture.jpg

Suggestions?

PenkethBoy

check that they are all tagged correctly in emby.

sorry what do you mean what am i looking for exactly?

All real episodes show correct numbers in Metadata manger 

missing episodes do not show in MM - not sure if they are supposed to or not??

Edited by PenkethBoy

PenkethBoy

the feature also depends on having tvdb enabled for series.

yes it is

if it was not how would emby know what episodes to create as virtual as it has done as can be seen in the log snippet i posted in the first post?

Edited by PenkethBoy

• Solution
Happy2Play

Do you have both "Missing Episodes" options enabled?  User Preference-Display and Dashboard-Library-select TV library

5a593b3956c66_missing.jpg

• Like 3

PenkethBoy

Ha lol - had forgotten there were two options for this

Yes user preference was the one i forgot

Working Now :)

Is there a WIKI for this as i just had a quick look and cant see one on this - is it within another one perhaps? - if not would be a good idea to have one especially as we have so many options now - even Luke and I forgot about the extra one :)

Or update the disclaimer about enabling the option in the Library screen - that users also need to enable this option to see the missing episodes etc

PenkethBoy

Also all the stuff about - it has to be correctly identified - Luke mentioned should also be in the WIKI etc as that was the first time i had read that and i'm here a lot

• 1 year later...
Happy2Play

@Luke a quick test of "Display missing episodes within seasons" enabled on library and user.  Issue in my test is a RTM and Season scan issue (unless it is a timing issue).  Since Series Scan/Scan library/Scan All libraries/Scheduled task library scan clears the virtual item.

After RTM Series

5db8eddd79a03_RTM.jpg

RTM Season

5db8edf4b703e_RTM2.jpg

Season list episode details (virtual itemid)

5db8ee175fc5c_RTM3.jpg

Series next up episode details option (new itemid)

5db8ee2dc5dd2_RTMNextup.jpg

Only tested in 4.2.1.0

Just used this topic but can split off if it needs its own.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 7 months later...
Betelgeuse

I had similar problem with 3 episodes within a season. I tried to move out those video files from the folder, scan the folder, and then move back. Scanned again.
The missing episodes was back PLUS the same episodes as missing!

After trying almost everything I came up with this solution:

1. Move all video files (and eventual text files) from that season to a temporary location.

2. In Emby web, chose Delete for the actual season by clicking on the 3 dots.

3. In your file structure create a new season folder (if you use this).

4. Move back the files from the temporary folder

Just lean back and wait for the episodes to be scanned!

• 1 year later...
peredor

I have a similar problem, some episodes from a series shown as missing, altough there in file structure. (including .bif .nfo. thumbnail)
I moved them to a temporary folder, scanned the collection, put just the video files back, scanned again.

That worked for me in the first case. In the second case i went the same way now these are back in collection again, but others from the same season are 'missing' now (before, they was there). Endless story?
actually i think there is a filesysthem problem in the ext4 filesysthem where the sqllite database is stored. I will report if fsck.ext4 solved the issue

Is there any way to use a mysql/mariadb instad of sqllite? (the db has grown verry large)

EDIT: Files, named correctly and permisions are correct either. Using Emby 4.7.2.0 actually.

Edited by peredor

Betelgeuse

For me it was solved as I wrote before. I only moved video files (and eventually srt-files) out. Rest of files ( .bif .nfo. thumbs etc.) deleted and let Emby re-create them after video files are back.

I think it might be an idea to check the Metadata Manager to see that season/episodes are gone from there. Not sure, but worth a try ...

peredor
20 hours ago, peredor said:

thank you for the hint! no there are not in metadata manager anymore, i checked the filesystem today, which was clear.

maybee the Database-Vacuumize function solve the problem?

I'll give it a try and write feedback here in the thread.

Bildschirmfoto_vom_2022-06-08_12-54-45.png

Edited by peredor

peredor

I Vacuumized the database shutting down emby, after that i "recovered" the "missing" episodes, now other vanished again.
I recovered Episode 3 and 4 (and others), now there back in collection. Now episode 1 (and others) vanished from emby.
Yes it is an endless story, and i don't know what to do next to solve the problem.

EDIT: This issue is only in one series, till now

EDIT2: I checked the log files, the vanished episodes did not appear in embyserver.txt

Thank you for any help!

Bildschirmfoto_vom_2022-06-08_13-26-35.png

Edited by peredor

• 3 weeks later...
peredor

hi,

I updated to 4.7.5.0 and tried it again, with the same result, after (sucsessfully) re-adding those who are vanished, others vanished from the Season.
Now there are less missing than before but this could be luck. The Season is Complete and files are named correctly. I moved the missing ones in an external folder and back after a scan. In the first screenshot (last try) the videofiles are missing, this caused because i'll already moved them back in the correct folder.

emby_lasttime.jpg.c5cdfc8003f16774168caf839d0387e4.jpgemby_this-time.jpg.f63b92f939d81b380aa90cddb487b92e.jpg

While trying this out i run into an error, i cant aceess the menu from the librarys, the 3 dots vanished, the button itself is not there or unacessibe. Ill sent a Screenshot, in the hope it helps (using latest firefox browser on linux mint). In the same time period Firefox updated either,  this maybee caused the problem.

emby_no-menu.jpg.6c40c02ef597b085e76b2533024b07b4.jpg

(screnshot removed the mouse)

Thanks, i hope i could help.
Peredor

peredor

indeed, firefox updated to 102. Thanks for the information. Sadly i not gooled this issue before finishing my post, last evening it was quite late. (local time UTC + 2)