Audio, but no video on some channels

nominion

sbm7815

I will try hitting the playback correction button tonight.

One interesting thing is that I tried to view CNBC using Live Channels and I got the same result, audio, but no video.  

When watching it directly on my server using the HDHomeRun software, it works fine.  

That seems to indicate it's something specific to AndroidTV perhaps.  

Welcome to my world. It's still happening to me as well, only on Android TV. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52677-unable-to-tune-some-stations-and-other-issues/&do=findComment&comment=508396

nominion

When I hit the playback correction button I get an error:  Unable to tune to channel.  There may not be a tuner available.  

mastrmind11

What is your HDHR firmware version?  There's a new one out as of December which fixed a ton of live tv issues for me in AndroidTV.

nominion

HDHR Prime firmware is 20170930 which I believe is the latest stable release.  Also, as I mentioned, the channels tune fine with the HDHR app on my server.  I get audio only on my Shield.  Live Channels app on the Shield reports no video and I only get audio, just like in Emby.

Live Channels app on the Shield reports no video and I only get audio, just like in Emby.

What about the HDHR View app on the same device?

nominion

Audio and video work fine on the Shield when using the HDHomeRun app. No issues at all on the channels that exhibit the audio, but no video in Emby.

Okay, well the Live Channels app uses the same player that we do so I guess that narrows down where the issue must be.

The problem is, I can't report it as an issue to Google without something they can reproduce.  Does this issue reproduce with a recording if we package it so it will direct play?

nominion

Unfortunately, recording the channel works fine.  It's playing it live that doesn't work.  I'd love to send you guys something useful, but I'm not sure what that would be at this point.  I could record a video with my phone of the blank screen with audio from Emby and Live Channels.  Then do the same from the HDHomeRun app showing that it works, but I don't know if that will really provide Google with enough information.  Any other suggestions?

No a video of the problem happening won't help I'm afraid.

Since the issue manifests in Live Channels, hopefully it will get discovered and fixed.

I know this comment won't necessarily be helpful, but even though I can't get more details and logs right now, I am also suffering the same problem but on a different channel: CBS.

I'm using Emby 3.3.10 inside a docker container, and playing live TV on the latest Android TV Emby app (Mi box) reading from an HDHR prime.

Interestingly, though, Emby is the only place where I have audio but no video. Everything works fine in the Google Love Channels app, as well as within the Emby app if switching to seeking mode.

I'm sorry for not being able to provide useful information (log) right now but will as soon as I can. I simply wanted to share my experience so far in case it helps narrow down the problem.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
nominion

Interesting update on this issue.  I was messing around yesterday within the Emby client while trying to view one of the problematic channels.  I selected the option to enable live seeking and the video started working.  I'm guessing because it's not direct playing?  Does that make sense at all?