Scrolling beyond content

Skwerl

Hi,guys.  I've been scratching my head on this one for ages, now.  Are you able to scroll content lists beyond their bounds?  For example, sometimes I will flick my scroll wheel (which has inertial scrolling) to move a large distance in an episodes folder, and instead of it scrolling to the bottom of the list (the sane thing to do), it scrolls past the episodes into empty territory.  I have to scroll back up the same amount to return to content.  This cannot be intentional, but a search of the forum didn't pull any results mentioning this.  Does it only behave like this on my machine?

Thank you,

JNU

pir8radio

Hi,guys.  I've been scratching my head on this one for ages, now.  Are you able to scroll content lists beyond their bounds?  For example, sometimes I will flick my scroll wheel (which has inertial scrolling) to move a large distance in an episodes folder, and instead of it scrolling to the bottom of the list (the sane thing to do), it scrolls past the episodes into empty territory.  I have to scroll back up the same amount to return to content.  This cannot be intentional, but a search of the forum didn't pull any results mentioning this.  Does it only behave like this on my machine?

Thank you,

JNU

I see this as well..  

Okay, so I'm not alone in this.  If this were a .Net/XAML application, I'd offer to fix it, but as I understand it, we run some JavaScript thing inside a browser control inside an application.  Since this behavior has been around for so long, I suspect there must be some aspect making it difficult to fix.  Afraid I only have enough experience with JavaScript to generally dislike it, unfortunately. :(

​Thank you,

JNU

It is only an issue with the mouse wheel, just fyi, it will not affect scrolling using arrow keys or a remote control.

Ah, I see.  We use an MX Air mouse for everything, which is how I noticed this.  Luke, is there a reason mouse wheel scrolling needs to work this way and would be a nasty fix, or was it just something small that was overlooked?

Thank you,

JNU

arrbee99

Another one but in the web (Chrome). When you tried out the horizontal scroll bars on the Home page (a few months ago now) and then went back to the left / right arrows the sideways scrolling is allowed to go on for ever (approximately) instead of stopping when then nothing more to show.