emby iPhone app screen rotation feature

chudak

I'll look at orientation for the next release of the app, thanks.

If you look at YouTube behavior and make Emby iPhone client NOT to rotate to one side (the top) that would help significantly 

• 2 weeks later...
dcrdev

Hi Luke

Any updates on this?  Last release did not have this in.

It does - 1.4.7 is the version you want.

It's not a toggle option though - it just force locks on landscape.

• Like 1

It does - 1.4.7 is the version you want.

It's not a toggle option though - it just force locks on landscape.

Oh really !

It looks like it does not rotate on a short side.

Good enough!

Thanks a million !

• 2 weeks later...
capitaineflam25

Is this this "issue" you are talking about ?

I care less about watching videos on portrait mode, but if i start a video in landscape orientation, i have one chance on 2 that it is the not the good one.

It seems that Emby browser is allowed for 90 and 180° orientation, but the video player only one of the two.

Edited by capitaineflam25

capitaineflam25

I like the fact that it switches to landscape, but depending on which landscape orientation you are on Emby Browser (Home button on the left rather than on the right) the video is rotated and played upside down (see the video i posted on the previous post)

is this possible than both landscapes are allowed on emby browser and only one on the video player ?

Edited by capitaineflam25

Yes and i guess we will have to look into having it inherit the one are you using. We could have it pick a specific landscape orientation but we are just going with landscape auto and letting iOS decide.

dcrdev

Yes and i guess we will have to look into having it inherit the one are you using. We could have it pick a specific landscape orientation but we are just going with landscape auto and letting iOS decide.

Why reinvent the wheel? Just do it like every other video app implements this feature - allow the screen to rotate as normal, but have a toggle button that locks it into the orientation it's currently on...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
aeroknotz

I have iPhone 8 running on iOS 12.3.1. I have my emby app installed and have my pictures folder linked from my QNAP NAS. When I open photo, the screen automatically shifts to landscape. I am not able to switch that to potrait. Am I missing any settings within the app?

Hi, we should only be switching on video playback. I'll take a look at this. Thanks.

aeroknotz

Thanks. Also, it would be great to have an option to save a selected photo to camera roll. If I need to share a photo via WhatsApp, only link sharing works which isn’t helpful.