Bluray NFO Location & Naming

Aussiedroid

Aussiedroid

I wanted to check where the Bluray nfo file should be located & how it should be named.

Originally, I had these as movie.xml files in the root folder of the movie. I've upgraded to nfo files and removed xml but having this as movie.nfo was not displaying or refreshing.

Some searching around the forums & wikis found that this should be now called index.nfo under the BDMV folder. I've tried this but still no data will refresh/display.

If I manually refresh to fetch new metadata from Emby Theater for example it creates a file <foldername>.nfo. So I renamed my original nfo file to the folder name & refresh missing metadata & it displays as expected.

Is this correct? (before I go through and manually update my other rips)

Also, on a side question, should subtitle options display the name of the subtitle stream? They are present if I play this via an external player such as Media Player Classic but show as Und (Undetermined) in Emby interface.

Many Thanks,

AD

Good day,

Yes regarding the nfo file, but why not let emby do it for you, it will not take much time when doing library scan unless you enable chapter extraction option.

Regarding subtitles, naming should be like, example:

moviename.eng.srt

My best

• Like 1

Also, on a side question, should subtitle options display the name of the subtitle stream? They are present if I play this via an external player such as Media Player Classic but show as Und (Undetermined) in Emby interface.

No, we scan with ffprobe which does not natively support folder rips. As such our support for playing them is mostly experimental. For best results you will need to use an external player.

• Like 1

the nfo should be moviename.nfo inside the folder. but i would suggest using the emby metadata editor to save one and then you can see a direct example. thanks.

• Like 1

Aussiedroid

Thanks guys!

Yes, could allow Emby to manage, but I have these setup already with a few custom fields as such & didn't seem to be grabbing the metadata for these specific examples (which I think is due to the folder name). I don't have a lot of Blurays to manage so not a big issue either way, just want to make sure I am all aligned :)

Thanks again,

AD

Sorry, my reply regarding the subtitle is wrong, I completely forgot about the folder rip matters.