Emby Theater - List View For Playlists

Tremas

Tremas

It's my opinion that playlists (particularly for music) are items that are best navigated with text descriptions rather than images, and there is currently no option for list view in emby theater. The default presentation for playlists in emby theater is a mosaic image of four album covers from items within the playlist. Since most playlists are more than 4 tracks, this does not help discriminate between the items on the screen. What's worse, the text below the image is comparatively small and will be truncated to a fixed size.

I understand that Google Play Music uses this type of mosaic image navigation for their web interface. However, I suggest that for playlists on a 10-foot UI, it would be much more efficient to use the "list view" that is available in the emby web interface. If not the default, it should at least be an option.

Hi, what screen is this? Playlists should already be in a list view.

Do you mean lists of playlists? or the contents of a single playlist?

Tremas

Sorry, I mean the playlist landing screen (list of playlists). Yes, the individual playlist tracks are in list view once you select one.

Default TV view in Horizontal mode is the primary problem (not fun to find the playlist you want):

5a53dd058005c_2018010816_02_19EmbyTheate

Same page in the Vertical view is better, but still not as easy to read as list view (no option in the three-dot menu for list view):

5a53dd24e2529_2018010816_03_22EmbyTheate

List view on web UI with small images and prominent text for each item:

5a53de5f466ac_2018010816_10_17Playlists.

Edited by Tremas