Few Music Video Improvements

Aussiedroid

Aussiedroid

Added my music video collection into Emby a while back.

To assist with seamless playback, it would be great if:

1) Latest Music Videos on home screen would allow to play next automatically, with similar feature popup while playing with episodes. In the order that they were added to Emby.

2) For a random & continuous playback options to be added in the Music Video view. Playback could be based on current sort for continuous playback. If I search for an artist via the search button that the dynamic list created can be played in sequence or randomly. Individually selecting a video every few mins to play isn't the greatest.

3) Some additional sorting options, such as date added, by folder, year, artist. I understand most do not have metadata for this category but any additional options to vary the playback would be awesome.

4) Possible playlist implementation? (I'm sure this would be have been requested before :)) - already implemented doh!

Thank you,

AD

Edited by Aussiedroid
  • Like 4

Tremas

I agree completely with these! Music Videos is one of the main reasons I've stuck with emby over Plex and a little love on these items would make it a complete solution.

In regards to #4 (Playlists), i believe you can do this already or do you mean importing/exporting playlists?

Edited by Tremas

Aussiedroid

I've seen the Playlist menu .. but I have no idea where to create one or select music videos to add to one. (Perhaps I need to look harder :))

I have a lot of videos, so hopefully there is some way to add multiple ones at once.

I have a lot of videos, so hopefully there is some way to add multiple ones at once.

In a view of your music videos, click and hold to start the muti-select mode.

Click the ones you want to add to a playlist.

Click "..." in the upper right and select "Add to Playlist..."

Select a playlist or create a new one.

• Like 1

Aussiedroid

Where is #3 missing from?

I was thinking these may be added under the Filter (little pyramid icon) from the main Music Video view. There are some existing fields present under there but appear to be the same filters used for the other views. For Music Videos those few I mentioned may help in more specific scenarios for the media type.

Thanks,

AD

skidmarks

2) For a random & continuous playback options to be added in the Music Video view. Playback could be based on current sort for continuous playback. If I search for an artist via the search button that the dynamic list created can be played in sequence or randomly. Individually selecting a video every few mins to play isn't the greatest.

PLEASE!!!

I am still using Plex over Emby for this exact reason...