Actors Metadata not Refreshing

Aussiedroid

Happy2Play

Ok, latest logs attached.

This morning, I went into Metadata Manager, and added the Original & Sort titles to American Horror Story. Saved and then loaded Emby Theater.

I navigated to the show via TV & then selected several actors to see if the metadata would appear. Nothing showing.

Well that is a bad show to test with as all the seasonnumbers added to the actor there will be no metadata.

Issue with this series each actor has different role in every season.

5a53f77d12873_act.jpg

5a53f7887bb36_act2.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Aussiedroid

Ah just my luck starting at 'A' :)

Ok tried another show Seinfeld. Updated all the Titles to ensure they are populated, refreshed and saved. Same behaviour being seen.

Updated log attached. I tried to go into the 4 main actors to see if the metadata would show. Same result as AHS.

Log.txt

Ok for starters, since you're on 3.2.50 I would suggest updating to the latest version of emby server, then try again. Thanks.

Aussiedroid

Thanks for the reminder Luke.

Have just updated & reattempted on Seinfeld but still the same.

Cleaner log attached.

From what I can see it is attempting to fetch the data:

2018-01-09 09:57:45.504 Debug App: Running PersonXmlProvider for /volume1/Backups/Emby Server Data/metadata/People/J/Jerry Seinfeld
2018-01-09 09:57:45.507 Debug App: PersonXmlProvider returned no metadata for /volume1/Backups/Emby Server Data/metadata/People/J/Jerry Seinfeld
2018-01-09 09:57:45.515 Debug App: Running MovieDbPersonProvider for /volume1/Backups/Emby Server Data/metadata/People/J/Jerry Seinfeld

2018-01-09 09:57:46.534 Debug App: MovieDbPersonProvider returned no metadata for /volume1/Backups/Emby Server Data/metadata/People/J/Jerry Seinfeld

Although there seems to be data present via website:

https://www.themoviedb.org/person/16377-jerry-seinfeld

Log.txt

Edited by Aussiedroid

I already mentioned earlier, if we don't have the MovieDb Id for the person, then we don't search by name. The moviedb id is obtained when we download the metadata from a movie or series that the actor appears in.

Aussiedroid

Thanks for explaining this.

Will doing a refresh metadata for 'search for missing metadata' resolve the missing MovieDB person IDs? or are these only created when a new show metadata being downloaded from scratch?

Aussiedroid

Righto, made it home and given the above suggestion a try. No change :(

It does not appear to be updating the nfo file at all (date/time remains from this morning). I have tried searching for missing metadata in both the metadata manager and via Emby Theater. Next I renamed the tvshow.nfo to remove the existing metadata and rescan anew. Completed a library scan, but the data remains in the metadata manager when I check (even with the file removed). I try replace all metadata & no nfo file is being created. I tried to view actors again at this point but nothing has changed, still no data showing. Not sure where it is sourcing or storing the data. I don't know if this may even relate to the main issue at this point or there is something else prevent the refresh.

unfortunately the settings we offer create a lot of scenarios that are difficult to test. i would try putting all metadata settings back to default. thanks.

Aussiedroid

I understand :) I'll troubleshoot it further my end and try some different settings and see if I can get it to work.

Really appreciate your help trying to solve this. Been working through a few minor issues over past few weeks that have been left unchecked for far too long, and the great knowledge around these forums has pretty much got them all solved! This bugbear seems to be the troublesome one.

there's no support for any kind of people.nfo file. fatal (the metabrowser developer) asked me to do this a while back but i never got to it.

at this point i would just rely on emby for metadata and you'll be fine.

Regarding the above, I just tried a quick test, & simply renaming the people.nfo to people.xml and the data for the actors displays fine. A possible workaround could be to do a bulk rename of all the people.nfo files (if I can find a reliable way to do it for the entire folder/sub-folders) after they are created to xml for the Emby XML plugin to read it.

Got me thinking if a simple solution here could be to add the .nfo file extension to be supported by the XML plugin for the actors? Search for xml file first but if not found read the nfo file if present?

Cheers,

AD

• 7 months later...
maximilianh75

Only for be clear, in the past emby added person.xml for any actor added in people folder in metadata.

These feature never added again, because i can modify actor metadata but only saved in library.db file and i don't have any backup of it

Edited by maximilianh75

Happy2Play

You can install the legacy XML metadata plugin if you really need that.

Sorry the plugin doesn't do metadata..

Happy2Play

Maybe I'm forgetting again but i thought it had person.xml support.

Wasn't able to find the topic with a quick search, but I believe everything is commented out.

pünktchen

Wasn't able to find the topic with a quick search, but I believe everything is commented out.

True.

maximilianh75

Maybe I'm forgetting again but i thought it had person.xml support.

I saw it in some post but i don't remember exactly where?

I think happy 2 play is right that it is disabled, but I don't have the bandwidth to dive back into it. New contributors to the plugin are welcome.