Actors Metadata not Refreshing

Aussiedroid

Aussiedroid

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this may be a bug or not (happy to provide logs if needed), but my actors metadata is not refreshing/displaying after running the Refresh People scheduled task. Images seem to be working fine, but not the metadata.

I understand that these are now stored in the database from reading another post & no longer in the metadata folder, but I have mine as xml in the People folder along with the images. I have the Emby XML plugin installed to support (I assume this is needed?), but the only way I can seem to get these to display is doing a search from within Emby Theater to find missing metadata on an actor by actor basis. I assume 'finding missing metadata' is reading the xml & not scraping new data, but I cannot be sure without some further testing.

Is there any way I can refresh these so they all display without having to do a manual refresh on each individual actor? or is legacy xml support just not viable anymore for actors? If it is not, is there a way to refresh all in the new method/format?

Would really love not to loose the large number of actors metadata I have already sourced!

As always, thank you,

AD

Edited by Aussiedroid

The latest version of the plugin supports saving people xml, but remember that for any object, metadata is only saved for new entries, when an entry as changed, and then as well as forced refreshes. The people refresh scheduled task doesn't force anything. It's only looking for changes that you might have made directly to the files externally.

Metadata per person is not downloaded until it's needed. Try viewing an actor detail page and you might see metadata refreshed for that actor.

Aussiedroid

Thanks for the reply.

At this stage I am not looking to save new data (although good to know moving forward that the XML plugin will), just try to import my existing data.

Trying to fix this issue last week, I did deleted all the XMLs out of the People folder (only keeping images), and then did a full refresh in Metabrowser to download them all again. New files created for all that had metadata to download. Unfortunately, even the refreshed data/new files doesn't appear. Likewise, I have not see any details appear by just viewing the actor page, only when I go into the menu and do a manual 'find missing metadata'.

Is there a way to find missing metadata for all the actors in the People folder, or another way to refresh if the scheduled task doesn't force updates?

Sorry ... just to add, the new downloaded files are in person.nfo format not XML (my mistake). Not sure if that makes any difference?

Thank you,

AD

Edited by Aussiedroid

Aussiedroid

So originally, my People folder had XML data saved in the folders along with the images (accumulated over past years). In Emby Theater, I could not see any of this biographical data appearing for the actors.

Last week, to try to resolve this, I deleted all the XML files from the People folder, ran Metabrowser again to create/download all the data again. This appears to have created in NFO files instead of XML, but any refresh I try doesn't show any biographical data for the actor & it doesn't appear automatically. The only way I can get the text to appear is by a 'find missing metadata' via the sub-menu from the actor page on a one by one basis.

Trying to find a way for all the data to appear without having to manually do it.

Thanks,

AD

there's no support for any kind of people.nfo file. fatal (the metabrowser developer) asked me to do this a while back but i never got to it.

at this point i would just rely on emby for metadata and you'll be fine.

Aussiedroid

Gotcha, so in theory, if these were downloaded as XMLs rather than NFO they should appear? (or should still be supported by the Emby XML plugin)

Is there a setting I need to configure to get Emby Server to download this metadata for actors? (just don't think I have ever seen it populate for me).

Cheers,

AD

Aussiedroid

Under Library->Metadata->People

I have everything enabled currently. Showing TMDB downloader for metadata, and TMDB & TVDB for the images (all ticked).

Country set to Australia, language English.

The thing is we do not search for people by name. We only download metadata for people that we have pre-existing Id's for. We get those Id's when we download the original media metadata (movies, series, etc). So that means those things all need to be turned on as well.

Aussiedroid

Ah OK that makes sense. Generally, I import to the server with all the metadata present so have those disabled, but troubleshooting a few things recently I do have under Movies & TV shows the 'Download artwork and metadata from the internet' enabled. Has probably been enabled for a couple weeks approx. Do have realtime monitoring disabled though as this is too quick and creates the nfo files before my copies have made it across to the included folders. :) I'll have a bit more of a play and see if I can get it refreshing.

Also on a side note, just looking back into the Library->Metadata->People settings screen again, although Emby XML plugin is installed it is not showing any readers in the page layout, unlike the other media main types with the XML plugin.

Edited by Aussiedroid

Aussiedroid

Been playing around to see if I can get this working but unfortunately no success so far.

I have tried deleting all the nfo files from the Peoples folder, leaving only the images. All settings are enabled in Emby from what i can see. Tried real-time monitoring also with same result. No metadata for actors being scraped/displayed.

When you mention the IDs, do you mean the show IDs or is there a field for actor IDs?

Looking into my nfo files there is a series of IDs for the scrapers (IMDB, TVDB etc), but for the actors I only have data that looks like this:

<actor>
    <name>Dylan McDermott</name>
    <role>Ben Harmon</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
  </actor>

I put a few older person.xmls from my back to the People folder and these appeared straight away. When these are not present (or nfo files present instead), the only way I can get the data to display is doing a manual refresh from the actor view as I described previously.

I've attached one of the last log files & an example of one of the tvshow.nfo files if it may shed some light on what might be the issue.

Many Thanks,

AD

Log.txt

tvshow.nfo

techywarrior

None of the movies/TV shows I have added to Emby in the past few months have downloaded any people. (related but not part of this topic is that it doesn't appear to be getting the collection ID either). The actual meta data for the movie/show seems to be fine. I get a summary, year, ratings, artwork, etc. but people and collection ID aren't in any of them. Forcing meta data refresh in Emby gets the same result. Same if I use the identify button and let it replace everything.

I believe below is the relevant portion of the log. 

2018-01-08 10:40:13.736 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.1.10:8096/emby/Items/3c6705110e1add4a6a38a020bea73cf0/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=true. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/58.0.3029.110 Safari/537.36 Edge/16.16299
2018-01-08 10:40:13.766 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 192.168.1.142. Time: 30ms. http://192.168.1.10:8096/emby/Items/3c6705110e1add4a6a38a020bea73cf0/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=true 
2018-01-08 10:40:14.077 Info HttpClient: GET: https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/339403?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2018-01-08 10:40:15.295 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/339403?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.60.0
	Command line: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.Http.WinHttpException: A connection with the server could not be established
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.RendezvousAwaitable`1.GetResult()
	   at System.Net.Http.WinHttpHandler.<StartRequest>d__105.MoveNext()
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<FinishSendAsyncBuffered>d__58.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<FinishSendAsyncBuffered>d__58.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.Http.WinHttpException
	System.Net.Http.WinHttpException (0x80072EFD): A connection with the server could not be established

2018-01-08 10:40:15.313 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.60.0
	Command line: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.Http.WinHttpException: A connection with the server could not be established
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<GetMovieDbResponse>d__39.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<FetchMainResult>d__36.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<DownloadMovieInfo>d__29.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<FetchMovieData>d__7.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<GetMetadata>d__6.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<ExecuteRemoteProviders>d__28.MoveNext()
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<GetMovieDbResponse>d__39.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<FetchMainResult>d__36.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<DownloadMovieInfo>d__29.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<FetchMovieData>d__7.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<GetMetadata>d__6.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<ExecuteRemoteProviders>d__28.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.Http.WinHttpException
	System.Net.Http.WinHttpException (0x80072EFD): A connection with the server could not be established

2018-01-08 10:40:15.324 Info App: Genre 'Music' removed from metadata for Baby Driver.

Edited by techywarrior

techywarrior

(Luke, I added the log just after you looked at this and posted)

If I paste the URL it's saying it get an error trying to connect to into my browser I get a complete JSON response including the people so not sure why Emby is failing to retrieve properly (yet is somehow still getting some meta data?!?)

EDIT:

Hm, I think there is something wrong on my Emby server. This probably isn't related to the OP's issue.

Edited by techywarrior

techywarrior

Why do you think there are no people? how are you determining that?

When I go to the move page in Emby no people are listed. But you can ignore my issue.

I think a while ago there was an issue with my DNS host that was using an old/wrong IP for api.themoviedb.org and I had to add an entry to hosts file to get it to work at all. I totally forgot about that and the IP that was used at that time is now used for a different site so the API calls were failing.

I removed the entry in hosts and everything is working as it should.

Lol, I should be less lazy and actually debug some of these things but since I barely ever look at the people in Emby I ignored it for way too long :)

• Like 1

Aussiedroid

Try refreshing the media titles

For the example I added previously, I added Original Title and Sort Title and saved. No difference :(

Tried refreshing metadata and saving. No difference :(

How do I find the hosts file to change the IP for the DNS as listed in the solution?

Edited by Aussiedroid

Aussiedroid

I'm sorry to be a pain Luke. Where should I be reporting this, under what category other than General? (I assume this post is in the wrong area?)

I've got the logs attached above & covered other points covered in the report a problem post.

Thank you,

AD

Sorry, i meant the log of what you tried to do just now.

For the example I added previously, I added Original Title and Sort Title and saved. No difference  :(

Tried refreshing metadata and saving. No difference  :(

How do I find the hosts file to change the IP for the DNS as listed in the solution?

Happy2Play

I'm sorry to be a pain Luke. Where should I be reporting this, under what category other than General? (I assume this post is in the wrong area?)

I've got the logs attached above & covered other points covered in the report a problem post.

Thank you,

AD

This is the correct area.

I will have to do some more testing as I see the issue of third party metadata provider (MCM) providing actors (from movies.xml) and people images, and Emby not pulling actor metadata without a manual actor refresh.  And when doing that the metadata is only written to the database. 

Since Emby is in a read only mode for existing stuff it sort of makes since.  The hard part is not having a way to refresh people easily (bulk).

Edited by Happy2Play

Aussiedroid

Ok, latest logs attached.

This morning, I went into Metadata Manager, and added the Original & Sort titles to American Horror Story. Saved and then loaded Emby Theater.

I navigated to the show via TV & then selected several actors to see if the metadata would appear. Nothing showing.

Edit - sorry now with logs!

Log.txt

Edited by Aussiedroid

Aussiedroid

This is the correct area.

I will have to do some more testing as I see the issue of third party metadata provider (MCM) providing actors (from movies.xml) and people images, and Emby not pulling actor metadata without a manual actor refresh.  And when doing that the metadata is only written to the database. 

Since Emby is in a read only mode for existing stuff it sort of makes since.  The hard part is not having a way to refresh people easily (bulk).

Thanks!

Just to clarify, if I had people.xml files in the People folder of the metadata folder, then they appear no issues.

I deleted all of the xmls (and also nfo files that were created by Metabrowser) last night with only images remaining now, but I cannot get any actors data to appear without a manual refresh via the sub menu on the actors page (one actor at a time).

Edited by Aussiedroid