Default to black bars

Lamista

Lamista

Is there a way..or can a feature be added to make the top an bottom bars permanently black? the gray color is extremely annoying when watching a movie in a dark room..and having to navigate everytime to turn off the black bars isnt fun.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed also on a 16:9 formatted movies the gray bars are blocking the picture...so this more of a reason why this feature needs to be off.

I really dont even understand why this feature is even there, it does nothing useful..again, is there a way disable or get rid of this feature? Its urking me more and more

post-250498-0-20236800-1517148711_thumb.jpgpost-250498-0-92931100-1517148719_thumb.jpgpost-250498-0-10091500-1517148733_thumb.jpg

Aa you can see in the first pick the Top and Bottom bars are grey, then I go and select the screen expansion and they go away.  This is happens to all movies. I have 4 Xbox's in  the house now, 4 different accounts...all but one is set to "default" settings, they all have the same exact issue.

Hi @@Lamista

On the HTPC at least the app remembers if you are in full screen or not (@@FrostByte ?) When you open the app is it fullscreen?  I have the below 

5a6f72e1a7c9e_full.png

By clicking on the arrows the app and video playback always runs in full screen

Don't know if this helps, Frostbyte maybe able to shed some additional light.

-vicpa

FrostByte

Vicpa, XB1 apps don't really have a windowed/maximize option at the top like in Windows.  I think that option is just to stretch a video

• Like 1