[BUG] Chapter Skip missing from Emby Theater

ShoutingMan

arrbee99

Well in my humble opinion, such a mind-numbingly brilliant idea should be applied instantly if not sooner...

If not, it would be good if you could add a hover over thing for those buttons to say Previous / Next Item, or whatever, just like you have Fast Forward for >> and Settings for Gear Icon

Paul77nz

We could use page up/down for next/previous chapter.

@@Luke should this be working for the Xbox One app as well? I use a Logitech Harmony remote and have the Xbox One ChannelUp and ChannelDown commands mapped to buttons, but they are functioning as play/pause rather than chapter skips.

I can't see any specific page up/down commands like you mention above, but I thought these were the same as channel up/down commands I am using?

Should I be able to chapter skip on Xbox One and I just have it set up wrong?

Thanks

Edited by Paul77nz

Paul77nz

Not yet, we haven't released an update for Xbox One in a few weeks.

Thanks @@Luke, that explains it.

Will this change likely to be in the next Xbox One update?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
shpitz461

Is there a way to remap keys in Theatre? I'm struggling with shortcuts using Harmony One. Many buttons that work in MCE do not work in Theatre.

Skip chapter doesn't work, can't get the OSD to appear when pressing INFO or GUIDE on remote, and the wiki shows many shortcut keys for video playback are 3-key combos (e.g. ctrl+shift+a) which are impossible to get to work with Harmony.

Trying to streamline remote keys to be used efficiently with both Theatre and external players.

There currently is not a remap feature. In my testing skip chapter works just fine, and you can get the OSD to appear by pressing any of the arrow keys.

shpitz461

Are you using a remote? which key is mapped to your skip chapter button?

post-3920-0-46255800-1526412999_thumb.gifpost-3920-0-48521600-1526413006_thumb.gif

shpitz461

I usually get OSD to pop if I press PLAY on the remote during playback, but you stated that Emby is trying to match with MCE mappings but INFO and GUIDE do not do anything during playback.

ShoutingMan

Oh yeah, thanks for fixing this feature! It's been working on my remote again. Glad to have it back. :)

• 1 year later...
MBSki

Oh yeah, thanks for fixing this feature! It's been working on my remote again. Glad to have it back. :)

Is there a "map guide" somewhere that I could reference? I've got the Harmony remote as well and the only thing that works is the directional buttons. Play/pause works once I'm already viewing a video, but I can't press play on the remote when selecting a video. The only way I can get it to play is by going into the video and selecting the Play button in the UI. Much easier to just press Play on the remote once the video is selected. Functions for Info and Guide would be good too. Hoping it's possible and I just haven't figured it out yet. 

shpitz461

Is there a "map guide" somewhere that I could reference? I've got the Harmony remote as well and the only thing that works is the directional buttons. Play/pause works once I'm already viewing a video, but I can't press play on the remote when selecting a video. The only way I can get it to play is by going into the video and selecting the Play button in the UI. Much easier to just press Play on the remote once the video is selected. Functions for Info and Guide would be good too. Hoping it's possible and I just haven't figured it out yet. 

What device are you using for these buttons?

I use Microsoft MCE Keyboard and assigned Pause/Play to the button and it works great.

In My Harmony app I named the 'Microsoft MCE Keyboard' device 'Remote'.

See screenshots.

post-3920-0-31341100-1577384646_thumb.gif

post-3920-0-77091100-1577384653_thumb.gif

MBSki

What device are you using for these buttons?

I use Microsoft MCE Keyboard and assigned Pause/Play to the button and it works great.

In My Harmony app I named the 'Microsoft MCE Keyboard' device 'Remote'.

I'm using the Harmony 900, mapped to the Xbox One. Are you using the remote on the Xbox One?

shpitz461

Oh, I thought you're using Windows...

No, I'm using an Harmony One and a Harmony 700 on Windows.

With your xbox I assume you need to set it as xbox and it should work out-of-the-box, but no idea...