Manually install plugin

Croll12

Croll12

I found a plug-in online which will let me load my video on demand content from my iptv provider. I extracted the zip file to /car/lib/emby-server/plug-ins and restarted the server. The plugin does not appear. Is it because it is not listed in the catalog? Is it not supported? Here is the link to the plugin in case I missed something.

https://github.com/skipperbent/Pecee.Plugin.Emby.Vod

Croll12

Attached is the log from after adding the plugin and restarting the service.  Please let me know if you need anything else.

Edited by Croll12

Are you sure you put it in the plugins folder? It doesn't even seem to be trying to load it.

Croll12

Below is copied directly from an ssh window:

user@PlexServer:/var/lib/emby-server/plugins$ ls
configurations MBBackup.dll Pecee.Plugin.Emby.Vod-master

Croll12

That’s what I use currently for Live TV. My understanding is if I add another tuner for VOD content only, then it will merge with the Live TV channels. I would prefer to keep them separate.

Croll12

That would be nice to have, not sure if others have asked for a way to separate tuners if needed. For now I used the IPTV plugin and some python to parse the m3u from my provider to create an xml file with the bookmarks.

Croll12

I added the vod m3u file as another tuner and all channels were duplicated with vod file names. What exactly did you mean by they are kept separate?

i mean that whatever is in your m3u is what you'll see. please let us know if this helps. thanks.

Croll12

On demand content does not have a channel number or guide data. They are simply links to movies and shows available to watch any time. I don’t see how I could add that list as a tuner and it would display correctly and/or not mess with the current Live TV configuration.

Croll12

I installed the IPTV plugin and then created the xml file from the m3u data.  I put the movie poster location in the icon tag hoping that would display, but it does not.  Are there size restrictions on the icon?  What would be the best way to get metadata information on all these items?  I have tried refreshing metadata on individual items and the folder without success.

The IPTV plugin is more basic and at this time does not support pulling images from the m3u