Listing « all movies » in ET too slow

jscoys

jscoys

Hi,

I don’t think all people will have the same issue, because it depends on your library size. Mine is growing fast and I have now nearly 9000 movies...

When I go into different apps like iOS or Android, their is a very efficient behaviour: you’ve got a pagination of 100 items displayed at the same time, and a previous and next arrow. Wonderful!

On ET, with large libraries, it’s a pain in the ass (sorry...). I have a 8350 Ahtlon FX (not so bad machine, will be great after the next Tuesday patch and Linux patch that will decrease Intel processors perfs, sorry for Intel processors owners ;-)), and it takes up to 40 seconds to display something, and when I push the button down it takes up to 45 seconds to scroll down. On my side it’s totally useless. I can make a video if you want.

I don’t have any treatment from the art plugin.

Could you simply put the pagination for ET? I would be very excited to use this view, especially when I don’t know the movie I wanna watch and I just want to pick one randomly ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jscoys
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
jscoys

Hey @@Luke, popping this topic because today the all movie view still unusable for me because of my big movie library, it can’t display it...

Can you please add a pagination to this view at 100 items like the other platforms (iOS for instance)?

• Like 1

nagetech

Same here! I havent even watched / used emby in almost 2 months give or take just because navigating and using it is almost fruitless :( Luke is super busy and trying to get things going, but its a long wait amigo. Maybe try Plex for the time being or use a Roku/chromecast variant to help out until then. Almost makes me regret cutting the cable cord, but patience is a virtue I suppose.

Any updates @@Luke regarding the ET update for the xbox ?

• 3 weeks later...
jscoys

Up! I installed the Samsung TV app for a friend (ET basically) and was a little bit frustrating to tell him that the « All movie » view is kind of broken due to my big library... please @@Luke put a pagination!

• Like 1

jscoys

[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
jscoys

[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

JoshuaAJones

Did your friend have problems with the Samsung app or are you just guessing he would?

I run ET on my HTPC on Windows 10 and have the same problems with All Movie (~6000 movies)

On my in-laws Samsung, ET runs great.

On my old D8000, it runs OK... the covers show up much quicker than through the basic ET app.

jscoys

Thx man for trying to help me on this BUT YES HE HAS PROBLEMS. It takes forever to load, it takes forever to load on any of my laptops with ET, on my main HTPC and it takes 10 seconds between the button pressed and the scroll to happens... Clearly this view is unusable for my use use case (11000 movies now).

• 4 weeks later...
jscoys

@Luke: [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

• 1 month later...
jscoys

@Luke: [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

nagetech

Yes, virtual scrolling is on the radar now that 4.0 is out. Thanks.

Looking forward Luke! 4.0 is looking great and I'd love to go back to using my xbox one :)

jscoys

Nice to see I’m not the only one :-) shouldn’t be an issue for long time now Luke told us he will work on it.

+1 - I can confirm the issue with movie list in Theater app

• 1 month later...
jscoys

[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

• 2 months later...
jscoys

[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782]

• 2 weeks later...
jscoys

@Luke: can we expect to have this soon? Has been requested long time it’s been requested and my Emby users can’t use the movie view and me either... we’re all frustrated... it’s just a matter of implementing a pagination in ET...