Can't connect to local Emby server

cmarinetti

cmarinetti

I've just installed the server Version 3.2.60.0 on Windows 10 and the app Version 1.17 build 6 on Roku TV and Roku 3, all devices on the same local network. Both Roku apps can't connect to the server. If I browse the network it's not found, and if I try to connect manually using the address shown in the Dashboard it says: "We were unable to connect to that media browser server. Please make sure your server is running before attempting to add it to the server list."

I can connect and play videos from my iPad, also on the same network, by pointing my browser to the same address that doesn't work in the Roku apps. So it doesn't appear to be a firewall issue.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

Interesting ok. In that case, on the release version, instead of clicking on your server, can you try and enter the server address manually? Thanks.

• Like 1

and the app Version 1.17 build 6 on Roku TV and Roku 3,

That's either a really old version or not our app...

cmarinetti

You're right - I was using an app called MediaBrowser which I'd found by searching the Roku Channel Store. In its description it says to download the server from mediabrowser3.com, which redirects me to the Emby site. Maybe that's an old version that shouldn't still be in the Channel Store? I grabbed the Emby app and got connected to the server, although using my email/password/PIN didn't work and I had to enter the IP address manually. Anyway it works fine.

Thanks for your help!