Emby Theatre - Am I missing something?

naeyaert

naeyaert

Hello Emby

Before I start, this is simply a request.  I totally respect the awesome Emby echo-system and I've been a huge fan for years and a supporter.

Without sounding critical, would it be possible to get a few basic features added please?  One feature that I miss the most when I moved from the old Media Browser for Media Centre is the "sort movies by date added to library".  I realize this feature is on the Web Interface but I use Emby Theatre on my Media PC on my TV and although on the home screen you can see the tiles of the last 8 or so movies added, I'd LOVE the ability to go into my Movies library and have all my movies listed in descending order of date added to my library so I can easily scroll through my most recent movies.

I did request this feature about a year ago and someone kindly replied that it was "coming soon".  No disrespect but I would have thought that this feature would be pretty easy to add, but then again I'm no developer so again, no disrespect.

My second question is "am I missing something"?  By this I mean, although I am using Emby Theatre on my Media PC, is this how "everyone else is using Emby"?  Why I'm asking is I would have thought that my feature request above (movies by date added) would have been a huge request from others yet it hasn't yet made the application.  Therefore I'm questioning is everyone else using a different interface (like the web interface)?  I use a universal remote on a Windows 10 machine and I'd love some advice if there is a funkier way to run my media or is "Theatre" the correct way. 

The other reason I'm asking the "am I missing something" question is due to the "skins" feature not being available for a long time.  I note on the Skins feature it states "coming soon".  Am I missing something there too or is this a feature that is not being developed?

Again not being critical, I'm just curious if I'm missing anything here.

Appreciate your feedback, thanks for the great app.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

Hi, yes you might have noticed that filtering and layout options have recently been added. Sorting will be coming soon based on those same interface elements.

I think the reason this hasn't been a big deal for most is exactly what I predicted a while back. For a 10ft UI using a remote control most people just want to click and play quickly and easily.

That doesn't mean you're not getting the feature, and you will soon be finally getting it, but that's the reason it's taken this long.

naeyaert

Thank you for confirming...

As I dont like using a mouse/keyboard (prefer using my Logitech universal remote), this will be a greatly appreciated feature.

And also - any thoughts on the "skins" feature?

Cheers again, Rob

We've put a lot of effort into skinning, and it is still built to be skinnable, but we've had to focus on prioritize Emby features over that, such as live tv, getting features added consistently across apps, etc.

We have added a color themes feature which is much simpler and allows you to pick from about a dozen different color schemes for the app.

Yes it is available. Just click your user icon in the top right -> settings -> display settings.

The best part is they are also available in the built in web app, as well as android and iOS. Thanks.

naeyaert

Again, thanks for all the help and I really look forward to the "sort movies by date added" feature.

Cheers Rob

• 5 weeks later...
berrmich

There are more of us. I would have switched to theater a long time ago if this option was available. I'm really surprised this is not a big issue to most. I just check the forum now and then to see if it's been implemented.

Mike

jscoys

We've put a lot of effort into skinning, and it is still built to be skinnable, but we've had to focus on prioritize Emby features over that, such as live tv, getting features added consistently across apps, etc.

We have added a color themes feature which is much simpler and allows you to pick from about a dozen different color schemes for the app.

Hum “focus... getting features added consistently accross apps“! Concerning that point can you add the ability to “page” with 100 elements by page on the “all movies” view in ET please? It’s been for a while like that on all other Emby apps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nnylray

I'm very happy that sorting has been added. I have been hoping for it for a long time. Even with the basic features of the web ui, i think it should still be easy to quickly click and play. Before this I felt really limited to just a few recent items.