Library Monitor Question

zebo51

zebo51

Mine broke awhile ago, few releases.  i don't recall which one and have just been hoping it would get fixed in a release but hasn't yet.  A manual scan works just fine.  I have been watching my logs not really seeing any errors, but finally found some.  Link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fe58u7vi7hz1fvp/emby_logs_01.txt?dl=0

I use UNC paths.  I have tried disabling and re-enabling and no luck.  As mentioned it used to work just fine.  When adding shows or movies.  Most of the time it would already grab movie content before copying my movie over completed.

Thanks

kanipek

Have you verified the UNC paths are exactly correct? I see the manual scan work - so they probably are

Edited by kanipek

zebo51

Have you verified the UNC paths are exactly correct? I see the manual scan work - so they probably are

Yes, nothing has changed on my network like that.  I can ping the server name and DNS works.  I can browse to it from the Run command.  I do have a network mapped drive, but a long time go I read or saw that using UNC was the preferred option.

Also as mentioned a manual scan works.

Edited by zebo51

Are your network paths going offline at certain times?

The error messages you see in the log are coming from the operating system by the way.

zebo51

Are your network paths going offline at certain times?

The error messages you see in the log are coming from the operating system by the way.

It points to a Netgear readynas.  It has always had a sleep mode where it spins down the drives but I have never had this issue as stated in the past.  Once I started a copy, obviously the drives are up and spinning.  So say I first create the folder, so to do this the drives/readynas is awake and accessible.  I then start my copy.  Then depending on the TV show or movie size emby would pick up on it.

My emby server is running on Windows 10.  I wonder if MS put out an update that changed something.

Well, we are using an operating system level component to monitor folders for changes. There have been win 10 updates that have affected network folders although i don't recall them off hand. @@FrostByte, @@Happy2Play, or @ might know.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it might have happened when I went to 6.9.1 firmware on my readynas.  I created a new library on another windows 10 machine on my network and it seems to work just fine.

Another firmware was just released for my readynas, 6.9.2 and after updating to that still no luck.  I haven't changed any settings on it.  The library share has anonymous access.  I can browse to it just fine using UNC or mapped drive.  

What does emby look at or monitor on a drive for changes?  Even if my readynas goes to sleep, once I open a folder on it and start copying a file the drives come out of sleep mode and emby should then pick up new items.