Remote network Live tv

ernstgot

ernstgot

is it possible to put in an address from another computer running serverwmc on another network through the internet and have it pull into emby.  I see under the settings tab for serverwmc it asks for the IP/Name of where serverwmc is located. 

ernstgot

it seems to not work, just hangs on the loading page of the channel.  I switch to a local serverwmc and it works just fine.

Error message below sometimes shows up.

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.
Edited by ernstgot

You should probably verify that the url is reachable. Beyond that it could just be moving a little slower.

ernstgot

its reachable, serverwmc even shows that the channel is being pulled for an active stream but its like emby isnt able to access it.

ernstgot

it seems as though to be something to do with recorded tv folder, since its not on the same network it may not work?

krustyreturns

Its not necessary that the rec tv folder by accessible if you have url's enabled for live/recordings in the http service of serverwmc.  But then these urls have to be accessible over the internet, which I have never tried.  Possible maybe with port forwarding?

• 4 months later...
ernstgot

Well I took some time off and back at this again.  I found out one thing is that wmcserver plugin can't do DNS it needs to be IP address based for remote access to another network.  So I'm able to see the guide and channel info however when trying to play a channel it sits and spins then times out.

I'm guessing it is doing this because its basically tunneling it through the server.

Edited by ernstgot