Newbie to IPTV needs help

wp.rauchholz

EODCrafter

TL;DR, but there are quite a few of us on these forums that use IPTV feeds in Emby every day without any issues.

I myself have been using it for 18 months now.

I'm no texting guru and I just read what this means....TL;DR, your a Moderator and you respond to Paying customers that way? Geesh. That's just ridiculous. Soon you guys will be like Plex I suppose.

Edited by EODCrafter

pir8radio

That's where schedules direct data comes from.

yea but my iptv listings wont match anything on schedules direct without crazy remapping..   I now have an iptv provider, that supplies an epg that matches up.   Channel logos, great data, but no images.    So I would be open to like a way to add schedules direct as a meta data provider (for just images) to work with my existing EPG provider, if that makes sense.   Off topic, but just thinking out loud.   

• Like 1

arrbee99

Yes but there would still be a lot, and there would still be incorrect matches.

True, wouldn't help with the matches, but if you built up a database, I should imagine you'd start to get stuff off the internet less and less considering you'd only ever need to get 1 poster and 1 thumb for Doctor Who ever and how much of it is repeated, and with said database if it could be edited / corrected that would be great for fixing up the mismatches (like you sort of can with NPVRs database at the moment).

CBers

I'm no texting guru and I just read what this means....TL;DR, your a Moderator and you respond to Paying customers that way? Geesh. That's just ridiculous. Soon you guys will be like Plex I suppose.

You stated "I really, really want Emby to work with IPTV (I bought a Lifetime Subscription to Emby) but I'm afraid it's just not quite ready yet." and I was just stating that it does work.

You seem to have moved forward since your initial comment, so hopefully you've seen that Emby is ready for IPTV.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

• Like 1

EODCrafter

You stated "I really, really want Emby to work with IPTV (I bought a Lifetime Subscription to Emby) but I'm afraid it's just not quite ready yet." and I was just stating that it does work.

You seem to have moved forward since your initial comment, so hopefully you've seen that Emby is ready for IPTV.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

IPTV has a few shortcomings, but I'm trying to work with Luke to reproduce the issues.

yea but my iptv listings wont match anything on schedules direct without crazy remapping..   I now have an iptv provider, that supplies an epg that matches up.   Channel logos, great data, but no images.    So I would be open to like a way to add schedules direct as a meta data provider (for just images) to work with my existing EPG provider, if that makes sense.   Off topic, but just thinking out loud.   

I too would really love to be able to do this.  It just seems dumb and bandwidth waist full to pull the same posters down over and over again when this data could be cached locally. That should speed up loading the EPG as well.

I have no idea how many different movies/shows are in a typical 14 day 100 channel TV lineup but I bet the majority is duplicates.  What I pull down today, gets pulled down tomorrow and the next day and the day after that correct since it's per EPG entry? Every time a new entry is added to the EPG database it has to pull down this per show poster.

Instead we could pull down one image for "The Big Bang Theory" and one image for "Young Sheldon" and ALWAYS use this same data over and over again.  In a way this would be like the PEOPLE agent sort of.  We could then edit the meta-data if we don't like a particular poster or if we don't get a poster at all.

Wouldn't this also help those using Next PVR and similar who pull their lineup from DVB or does that include images?

Personally I'd like to see this go farther.  Something like the SQL scripts I had available for the release version of Emby (not working in Beta due to DB changes).  What it did via a DB trigger was rewrite the season/episode number based on show name and title.  So if the EPG called it S05/E04 but the lineup in Emby shows this as S04E26 it would get changed during entry to the DB to S04E26.  This is advantageous for a couple of reasons.

First for any shows you currently have the EPG lineup season/episode will match what you have on disk.  This stop the S05/E04 from recording (since it thinks it''s missing). This saves useless recordings that didn't need to happen plus fixes the blatant missing season/episode numbers as often happens in EPG guides. It also pulls in the episode description so the EPG version matches the library version description.  This also stops you from having "duplicate" with different S/E #s such as the S04E26 you ripped and the EPG based S05/E04 that was recorded but is the same episode.

As well as pulling in this info as just mentioned it can use the poster you already have set in your library so they match!

So personally, I've love to see it not only pull the posters from a local source that caches the info but also clean up the data for shows you already have (data already in Emby)!

I already pulled this off topic so I apologize for that but it's along the same lines and I'd be in favor of any moves in this direction that moves control of meta-data to the Emby side so we can control it (especially posters/images) and save loading time and bandwidth.

• 1 year later...
sundevil67

Is this a solution to the 24-hour guide issue? Does it require a significant amount of maintenance or is this something I can set up once & leave it alone? The latter is probably the only option for me...

I can help you set this up with Schedules Direct if you are interested. SD provides a much more robust experience than xmltv. You get proper descriptions, images and rerun info with SD. Send me a PM if you need help.

sundevil67

This is apart of my attempt at troubleshooting my DVR...apologies for the cross-post No matter how many days I set it up for in my Emby preferences, I'm unable to retrieve more than 24 hours at a time of the EPG. In the attached screenshot, you can see how it just cuts off at midnight. If that just means I lose the ability to schedule programs beyond that time limit, it would of course severely limit the usefulness of the DVR, but before I worry about that, I want to see if I can reliably record programming that's airing inside that limit. I was wondering if anyone subscribed to this thread might be able to shed some light.

5e52b3de9e1b1_ScreenShot20200223at94657A

What are you referring to?

No matter how many days I set it up for in my Emby preferences, I'm unable to retrieve more than 24 hours at a time of the EPG

Because your source of guide data is probably only giving you 24 hours. You'll need to consult with them on this. Even if you could configure Emby to grab 1000 days of guide data, the data still has to be in the source to begin with.